• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's with all this RZR talk??

Bones

That Guy
Come on you hardline fags spill the beans. Why all the talk about wanting RZR's?

Buggies make like on the trail too easy? Breaking too much, spending too much beyond what you sunk into the buggy and you no longer have funds to enjoy your favorite bathhouse? :dunno:

Why not just get a cheap ass beater trail rig if you want to bring things back closer to your wheelin roots? Even cheaper than a RZR and you don't have to trailer it if you smart about things

I am seeing a trend with you big $$ ballah buggy owers....yes this was discussed in another thread. :flipgotcha:

I will start with this. I love my buggy and it is paid for.
However it is some what expensive to keep up. Yes I could go trail riding and leaf looking and not beat on it hard but thats not what it is built for.
One reason I have thought about selling out and getting a razr is for the simplicity of it. I enjoy beating my buggy but I also enjoy filming and just riding around having fun.

With a Razr or Rhino, it's pretty much just load it up take it riding, bring it home wash it off and its ready to go again. Yes you can destroy it but Hell you can destroy anything if you want.
Don't need a huge trailer for the Razr either and get better fuel mileage while towing.

Im not gonna give my buggy away so I don't have to worry about it.

We all want both.
rzr's are easy to throw on the trailer in seconds with no prep and jump the **** out of. Bones, come get in one and play cat and mouse with 2 other rzr's around the trees on a short course with jumps and the adrenaline is way better than most wheelin (other than shooting a big hill) On a cheap old beater how are you going to get that "on the edge of out of control for extended periods of time" feeling. driving on the outer limits of a machines capabilities (a very capable machine) for minutes straight is a rush. Sure, go race KOH or a ultra 4 type rig. That's more than 7-13K :flipgotcha:
I love mine because it was cheap, but they aren't THAT much fun unless there are 2 of them. Then they're 3x as fun. Get 3 plus together that all like to go all out and rub on a course, now you're talking epic saturday :woody:

blacksheep10 said:
On a cheap old beater how are you going to get that "on the edge of out of control for extended periods of time" feeling. driving on the outer limits of a machines capabilities (a very capable machine) for minutes straight is a rush.
I drive a Vitara SON, Interstate with that hooker for 5 hours is as on the edge as any KOH style race. :dblthumb: Mr. Cole, check yourself and welcome to my world laughing1

No seriously, I have no desire to own a buggy even if I had the coin, my life has changed a lot the last 6+ years and maybe I am growing up some??? I stopped wheeling when Toyota's were still cool and due to being sued by the new owner of my 1st home, a pending divorce which ended in suicide and massive debt and looking at a rig I had destroyed with a ton of coin tied up into it sit more than it got used....and that was just a trail rig. I badly want another DD, mild wheeler again, but until my life is settled more that will not happen and I will stick to my bikes.

I do think a RZR would be a hoot and intend to ride in Mile's next week. Doesn't mean I am buying one as I don't have friends with them or land to ride on near me. Someday that may change.

Bones, Cole is gay, don't mind him. I could care less for a RZR, because I want something to drive on the road also. I can drive my buggy on the road as is but no room, RZR is a step back.

At some point I would like to do a really simple budget build around an acqualu bobbed scrambler tub. I lust those things and I think I could go super budget and get a good trail/street rig out of it. 5.3, TH400, 205, 14b, 60, all from a yard. Have a tub, top/doors and a back seat

I love my RZR because i can load it up put 10 or so bucks in gas in it and ride all weekend and come back home and wash it and not spend over a hundred buck whereas when i had a rig it was costin me way more than that to ride one day :****: and i dont miss the maintenance of a rig at allbut i agree you cant do as much on them as you can a rig but thats fine with me and i also agree that they are a helluva lot more fun with a group ...but i say who cares what you are ridin as long as you are out there havin fun flashemifyougotem

Matt O. said:
At some point I would like to do a really simple budget build around an acqualu bobbed scrambler tub.....
Your "budget build" lost me right there and I kept reading and saw nothing budget about it other than JY axles that aren't cheap

Bones said:
Your "budget build" lost me right there and I kept reading and saw nothing budget about it other than JY axles that aren't cheap

Yeah the tub isn't budget, but the axles and dtrain are. With the parts out there now, it is definately a fraction of the cost. 20k or so, is a lot better than the 45 I have in mine currently

blacksheep10 said:
I get laughs like that too talking to other friends of mine when they mention "cheap" laughing1 their definition and mine are WAY apart molaugh
Oh ****! You are still the cheapest fawk I have ever met in this hobby :flipoff1:

Unless you have rode in a rzr you dont realize how much fun they are. MOST people I give rzr rides to say they enjoy them more then they do there rigs. What I like about them is there are a dune buggy,rock crawler and quad all wrapped into one. There fast, handle good, awesome suspension, and climb some pretty stupid stuff. I dont really agree they are alot cheaper to maintain. If you change all the fluids on a rzr its going to cost you over 100 bucks easy. I never had any problems out of my old jeep and it didnt cost me nothing but gas to go wheel it. Bones I would not ride with Miles if you care about your life at all :****: Im very happy with what I did. Sell a more $$$ rig and get a capable trail buggy and a rzr. Best of both worlds.

COPPERHEAD42 said:
Unless you have rode in a rzr you dont realize how much fun they are. MOST people I give rzr rides to say they enjoy them more then they do there rigs. What I like about them is there are a dune buggy,rock crawler and quad all wrapped into one. There fast, handle good, awesome suspension, and climb some pretty stupid stuff. I dont really agree they are alot cheaper to maintain. If you change all the fluids on a rzr its going to cost you over 100 bucks easy. I never had any problems out of my old jeep and it didnt cost me nothing but gas to go wheel it. Bones I would not ride with Miles if you care about your life at all :****: Im very happy with what I did. Sell a more $$$ rig and get a capable trail buggy and a rzr. Best of both worlds.
You didn't beat the jeep hard, and sold it quickly. Man if you beat the trail rig, it will add up. Oh wait, 1st day out broke a chromo stub and spun a bearing in the 5.3....yep, that's going to be cheap and easy :flipgotcha:
The rzr is relatively cheap. I blow up a ring and pinion, It is way more effort and time/money in the trail rig than the rzr. Found a whole front end for a rzr for $375 complete. Not so much with the crawler.
Either one is expensive if you're hard on stuff, travis isn't hard on stuff (no full throttle landings, no rollovers, etc)

Bones, miles is an excellent pilot. I'd ride with him any time

Also, Jrich is the cheapest mofo in this sport. I just skimp on spending until I find that good deal, then blow my wad 10K at a time laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
You didn't beat the jeep hard, and sold it quickly. Man if you beat the trail rig, it will add up. Oh wait, 1st day out broke a chromo stub and spun a bearing in the 5.3....yep, that's going to be cheap and easy :flipgotcha:
The rzr is relatively cheap. I blow up a ring and pinion, It is way more effort and time/money in the trail rig than the rzr. Found a whole front end for a rzr for $375 complete. Not so much with the crawler.
Either one is expensive if you're hard on stuff, travis isn't hard on stuff (no full throttle landings, no rollovers, etc)

Also, Jrich is the cheapest mofo in this sport. I just skimp on spending until I find that good deal, then blow my wad 10K at a time laughing1

Im mainly talking about the Jeep before I tore it apart. I wheeled it alot and only problem I ever had was fuel pump pickup fell off the pump. On the buggy meh knew motor was not going to last long, anf full warranty on stub. Not that im not hard on stuff its just I dont want all my junk looking like junk after 6 months

blacksheep10 said:

O ya Kelly is another one ill never ride with :flipoff1:

if I still lived in Paola, i know I'd have one. no doubt. But cruising the Cul-De-Sac's of Sugar Land doesnt really fit the need for one or the places to ride one.

Hell 4wheeling didnt fit either, i'm near nothing unles you like to offshore fish or shoot dog sized deer, but I saved saved, and then bought a buggy and started racing.
Now i'm in the save save mode and buying a desert car, and racing that for a bit.

Maybe a RZR for a pit car........ loller.gif