• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What's your WMS-WMS?

dr drae

How wide are peoples?

I'm currently stock at 60" but will be building new axles shortly and am wondering how wide to go? I know you can fine tune w/backspacing, wheel spacers, etc, but want to avoid building them too narrow or too wide. Setup is a '97 XJ w/6" lift/35's, new shoes will be 37-40" range...

65 inches front and back. But its not a jeep. 76 outside 2 outside.....with the 33/9.5 bfg at roller tires...Im curious about the real tires now. I think its 88.

Last edited:
dr drae said:
new shoes will be 37-40" range...

2 cents.

Due to frame widths, and taking turning ability into considerations, I thing 37s will be ok at 60-61 WMS, but 39s will need around 64 WMS. Any less and you'll significantly impact your ability to turn those big meats. (povided standard type (around 3.5 inch) wheel backspacing).... And if you go 64 WMS, then them meats are REALLLLY going to stick out of the body, making it really into a trailer queen.

I'm at 60.5 with 37s on a YJ with 3.75 backspacing. Seems to look right, fits ok between the trees, TJ flairs do a decent job of keeping the cops off, and turns fine.

T

I'm right around 58" or so. stock ifs toy rear width. Would like to be around 61-62" or so. I've still got a toy frame and 39's. Oh, I've goit 10" wide wheels with 3.75" bs I believe

the question should have been asked whats your overall width with tires as backspacing plays a large part in things. Usually a 5" backspaced wheel is a good option as it helps cut down wheel scrub.

I am 81" overall.. Its good and stable but theres always tight spots as with any rig width..

And BYS happens to be my favorite trail, and **** out of luck

69" front
67" rear

I'll let ya know in a few months about how it works out, but Lincolnlock seems to get around alright...

:D

58"ish front and rear. Overall, I'm 80ish depending on the psi in the tires. I have 15x10s w/2.75" of backspacine.

With a CJ frame and 35x1450s, I can turn it to the stops and still have about 3" before the tires contact anything.

68 front 66 rear. I really don't think it makes that much difference being a little wider. Infact I think it helps. Just my 2 pennies though.

62in front and rear. with the yj frame that is too narrow. I am running 2.75 b-s 15x10s to try and clear the frame. I run 40s and want 42s but cant because my axles are too narrow. I would go at least 65in if not full width.

61" front and rear, 15x10, 3.5" BS wheels and 37x12.50's = 78" O.A.W. In the the old rig, will be the same in the new rig since I'm usin the same junk..:D Steers awesome on a Toy frame.