• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheeling by lotto

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
With the destruction that was done in the nachies/manashtash areas we are sure to lose the area in the early spring time. But an idea popped up. why couldn't we go with a permit type of setup? Where you submit for a permit use and then you go into a lottery (kinda like hunters) and if you win you pay and you can play? The $$ made by this can be used to pay rangers for the weekend to enforce things. Now granted a ranger can't be everywhere and I understand that but I can see a system like this do a few things. First off control the amount the people who go to the area and keep those who truely want to wheel there the abilty to do so (typically I think those who are idiots are too dumb to even fill out the paperwork :D )

But in any case why wouldn't something like this work?

it sounds like a good idea, BUT like you said , rangers cant be everywhere, then would all access roads and trails have to be gated? then if so, how long untilthe oh so common idiot start making bypasses around them.
I do agree something needs to be done, every year the whole area seems to get worst, naches is a place that we go almost every year AT LEAST 3 time a year. ive also noticed the drinking ban at moses lake has created even more traffic in the area, that means more people THAT DONT HAVE A CLUE of what they are doin when they are "pedal to the metal" through places like TRIPOD MEADOWS. sad so sad:sad: :sad: :sad:

I agree w/ the concept mike....

but, this gets into the fundamental "having to pay to use land you (the public) already own"
that area IS public land, and, theoretically, you already have to pay to use that land (taxes)...

that aside, and as much as I am against having to pay to use our public land....I do agree that some sort of pay-to-play program would weed out alot of the people that need weeded out.

For thge record I am only talking about the early time over there (memorial weekend) when the ground is soft.

I agree berne but what else can we do besides close it?

Pay to Play on public land is a dead issue.

The State and Federal Rules & Regs that are in place for public lands will not allow a "Pay to Play" or "Permit Only" practice to be established.

Jobless said:
Pay to Play on public land is a dead issue.

The State and Federal Rules & Regs that are in place for public lands will not allow a "Pay to Play" or "Permit Only" practice to be established.

How about push it as a pay for enforcement. Or why not call it an "organized" weekend kinda like they enforce when you have a big organized event but on an individual level?

crash said:
For thge record I am only talking about the early time over there (memorial weekend) when the ground is soft.

sure, but that will never happen.....once something becomes pay-to-play, it'll never go back to simply "open"....
its that whole "slippery slope" thing...

crash said:
I agree berne but what else can we do besides close it?

THIS is the question.....
honestly, I think its all about responsibility/accountability, and eventually, enforcement.
I hate to have to play the 'enforcement' card, as....when I'm 'out in the woods', I know I do a number of things that I probably wouldn't right in front of someone with "enforcement capability"......
but regardless, if an area like that gets to the point of needing that much enforcement, it will simply get closed, as its not worth the state's/fed's time/effort/money....

solution....
win the lottery, buy 5000 acres in north-western montana, and start the compound.

Also if thats the case brad how do they get away with there pass's you must get for like evans/trail heads? You have to pay to use those lands per say. How is that different?

Mike,
Do some research with DNR and the Forest Service.

The State and Federal Government have very specific laws in place governing the collection and use of funds for public lands.

I've done enough research to know that it was not an option in order to raise funds to support public land for ORV use.

It's government stuff...it's never as easy as it should be.

Jobless said:
Mike,
Do some research with DNR and the Forest Service.

The State and Federal Government have very specific laws in place governing the collection and use of funds for public lands.

I've done enough research to know that it was not an option in order to raise funds to support public land for ORV use.

It's government stuff...it's never as easy as it should be.

This is what really piss's me off. The government can collect $$ for usage by calling it one thing like $$ for "parking pass" when in fact you are using the area but yet they charge you...

crash said:
This is what really piss's me off. The government can collect $$ for usage by calling it one thing like $$ for "parking pass" when in fact you are using the area but yet they charge you...

Yep, I'm heading to Wal-Mart to pick me up one of them Nylint rock crawlers and I'm selling the Jeep :wtf:

Jobless said:
Yep, I'm heading to Wal-Mart to pick me up one of them Nylint rock crawlers and I'm selling the Jeep :wtf:
don't laugh, you might be on to something if idiots don't wise up real quick.

I was going to talk to an offender but it wouldn't do any good. The lil bitch just doesn't care about nobody but himself. I feel for him in the future, he is going to get burned real bad real soon. :;