• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where is your ls rev limiter set?

JSmithey

My 5.3 lived a long time at 6000 but then I installed a cam and went 6800 and it came apart first weekend out. So what's fairly safe for a stock bottom end? Or safe for arp rods and mains?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 159
Re: Where is your ls rev limiter se

I imagine miles, abuse on said engine, oil and filter changes, etc will have some bearing on it as well......and x2 for that guy ^^^^^^^^

Hmmm I'm wondering this too. Building a lq9 6.0 with cam arp head studs upgraded pistons and bearings and all will be new with a 200-250 shot on it. What y'all think my safe rev limit should be? No being a smartass actually asking. First ls build

Re:

Set it right before it blows. May take a fee more motors to figure out that number. Lol.

Jk. I have s 5.3 and I'm curious as well

Josh, I'd consider some upgraded rods before you hit that LQ9 with a 250 shot of spray especially if it doesnt have the full float wrist pins. You can ask Meghan those powdered metal rods are not as strong as you'd think. Hell, she isnt even that rough on **** and she did this...

pretty sure my lq4 is somewhere around 6200 range (no tach, but tuner said something like that).

custom cam
texas speed heads
arp studs

she sounds good wide open

Re: Re:

ranger11 said:
Set it right before it blows. May take a fee more motors to figure out that number. Lol.

Jk. I have s 5.3 and I'm curious as well
Yours is set on a hard limit into the 6's. I think it was 6400 - 6500.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Where is your ls rev limiter set?

kmcminn said:
:smoke:

Is 8k or 9k even b a possibility in a LS platform engine? Reason I ask is I heard one at Srrs GR and it sounded crazy high rpms. No turbo regular headers.

If my memory serves me I think my LT is 5200.
I was told yes by a builder in person, and not some damn "reading". Forged lowers with all the right bolts and what nots. The top will need a lot of work not to float the valves.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk