• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

While y'all were at Clayton...

muchado

While you bitches were out having fun at Clayton... I was busy tryin to get my **** together... Maybe it's a Kansas thing not havin our **** together... or is it just me and kelly that have that problem?

When I first got this truck I did some 36's... Painted it green... It had a carb'd 350 and open diffs, push pull steering, stiff-arse suspension... Didn't work the way I wanted at all. I didn't have the money to do much to it so Big Jim helped me bob, dovetail and EXO the rig--some low budget DIY mods to improve the truck.... I broke a steering arm at Cathouse in August--brakes were feeble, tranny slipping+spewing fluid, carbeurator sucked and didnt run for crap on angles... Truck broke a motor mount and then soon caught on fire in Moab--SOOOO I took that as a sign. Time for Fuel injection.... I chose a Vortec V6 because it's got some decent power and I don't plan on running 1 ton axles anytime soon so it'll help me be a little nicer on the Toyota stuff for a while. The motor swap turned into doubler, tcase gears, hi-steer, techtafab disc rear+1ton booster, airshock 4 link rear, body drop, EXO-delete, corbeau seats, tranny rebuild, etc... Way more stuff than I could handle this spring trying to travel for video shoots and scrape together C's and D's to pass my final semester of college.... Well I walked across the stage so now it's finally time to GET AWN IT with my build.

Did some work this weekend putting together some parts we've been accumulating over the winter. My friends Jarod and Ryan out in Great Bend busted their asses all weekend to help... Way cool. I didn't have my camera so Big Jim took some pics... I wish there were before/after pics of the whole thing.. The truck is totally different. No exo cage and also removed the 3-inch body lift. I am psyched--it's gonna be awesome when everything is done. If you're at EOR this weekend you'll see the truck because Dave is gonna tow it up there for me. It's LOW now... Much less tipsy

Fuel injection baby!!!
IMG_2830.jpg

bullet-proof home brew MM's engine side, waiting on sanderson headers to arrive to decide on vertical placement for frame side mounts
IMG_2832.jpg

23 spline doubler, 2.28 up front, 4.7 in the rear front range twin stick.. interior to be cleaned up a bit...
IMG_2836.jpg

I gots some junk in my trunk... art carr, alum radiator, fan, fuel cell, buncha shiat...
IMG_2837.jpg

rebuilt axle, hi-steer, green knuckles are the shizzle... Can't see but finally have a aussie locker up front
IMG_2838.jpg

steering box WAY forward--poking thru the core support...
IMG_2839.jpg

Stoked to get this bitch done... Hopefully be able to bring it down to Bama soon.

Oh man you gotta holla at us when you do the bama ****. heath bought a 42' trailer and I doubt that ben will go next time. I am just about ready as well. load all our shits up on the long trailer and rock out. He is looking at buying a new 6.7 dodge dually and trading both his dodges in. that would be the **** for long as trips.

blacksheep10 said:
Oh man you gotta holla at us when you do the bama ****. heath bought a 42' trailer and I doubt that ben will go next time. I am just about ready as well. load all our shits up on the long trailer and rock out. He is looking at buying a new 6.7 dodge dually and trading both his dodges in. that would be the **** for long as trips.
God damn he is a ballah!

Muchado, I wanted to buy that truck a couple years back when you were selling it. IIRC it was pretty reasonable.

I would never buy a Dodge after roadtriping in one this weekend. Yes they are hauling machines, but those seats are super the suck! My ass still hurts. (and you can start making the jokes)

I've been eyeing a new D-max, and can't do a lift cause of the retarded steering being constant maintenance. So I got to roll stock height. Howzabout some 22.5"s turned down to roll 22"s and be big pimping.

Kelly fawk ebay, use these guys http://www.chromewheel.com/
they are the ****. All the low rollers around here use them.

The problem is the seat bottom is too short to support your legs worth a damn. Ride 10 hours in the Dodge ass pain. Ride 10 hours in my Duramax, and its like driving while riding a Laz-e-boy.

I can't ****ing stand the dodge passenger seat. I hate the lumbar. I sit forward in heath's everywhere we go. On my drivers seat I deflate that bag adn its comfortable as hell. I have short thighs I guess, I have no probs with the seat. then again, different gen than todd's. He went and looked at a black crew cab ford 6.4 twin turbo powerstroke F550 4x4 auto with dually bed today. only 50K
also looking at a chevy. the chevy and the ford actually have a back seat, the dodge does not. the mega cab is a rolling ****ing abortion and makes me sick to look at one. I hope and pray he doesn't get one of those.

yup, their 22.5 kits are pretty damn reasonable. might have to hit them up next couple grand I get.

Heath is a big baller! Holy shiat!

As for the 22.5's remember you can save the frieght. They are right down the street from a machine shop I use.

Latest posts