• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who still uses the phone book?

snoball

Time to renew our yellow page add and curious on how many folks still use the book?

Re: Re: Who still uses the phone book?

I still use one.....for masking stuff off that I paint.

I think Google replaced the yellow pages.

Amazing door stops!

Toilet Paper!!!

i also like looking for people with funny names..... But now i have a fun looking lady to look at!!

We went to just the basic listing about 2 years ago and have noticed no difference in traffic as a result. (Actually, business has picked up a good but. Unrelated though.) Google > Yellow Pages.

I think being a YP salesperson has got to be the most difficult job in America right now.

If Im at home I will get the book out. If Im on the road use an app. Use the app alot more than the book.
I keep waiting on a White pages for cell phone #s that havent changed ownership in a couple years.

I use the google, Dad will use the yp just because he always has, old habits and what not. I don't think I've used one in years.

Thanks for the input. We have gone from full page to 3/4 to 1/2, and its still 1700 a month. Hard to justify that...

Basic listing is all you need...... And that is just so it shows up on the online search

snoball said:
Thanks for the input. We have gone from full page to 3/4 to 1/2, and its still 1700 a month. Hard to justify that...

i know exactly what you mean.. we even have a different # in our YP add to keep track of how many calls we actually get from it.. needless to say that its very depressing, and we even ask how people find out about us and over half is referral from other plumbers :****: its tough to beat a good name and word of mouth thumb.gif

havnt used a phone book in a couple years....hell i dont even have a home phone...cell phones only for us

If I know what I am looking for and where it is I will google. If I am looking for some kind of service or supply stuff and want to look at a bunch of options (hvac repair, plumbing supply, etc) I still grab a phone book.

I just use YP (Yellow Pages app) on the phone. I can complete a call to the business there, or get verbal and map driving directions. I can't get that with the book.