• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Why does Pirate hate Southern Buggies?

it's because they don't know how to make horsepower. they think everyone should own a jeep that looks like all the other ones at the dealer

There's over 150,000 pirate members now. How many have posted that they don't like that buggy? 10 that keep posting? The same ones that post in all the southern buggy threads? I wouldn't call that exactly a majority.

Then consider how few people in real life have little **** syndrome and will actually express jealousy over someone else's possessions vocally. I bet it is about the same ratio as haters on Pirate to members on Pirate. ;)

J. J.

JJ, good point about ratio of members to "haters." I always read the Southern buggy threads just to read, "No headroom and Won't make it through KOH."

Not really sure how all the southern buggies look the same though???

who gives a **** if it won't make KOH.... The people that drive them sure as hell don't care.

My Toyota won't win KOH either.

I think the biggest problem with the "southern buggy" threads (from recent memory, the JD buggy, eleanor, da situation, heart attack) is that when someone mentions that you cant see out of it, or you'll bump your head, or the paint is too bright, or the exhaust is too loud... Someone feels the need to defend a buggy. It's never the owner or builder, but some ****stick that their opinon matters about at much as the person who is "hatin"

I just look at it and think :flipper:

All I know is that i like watchin them boys beat their rigs, and I like riding in mine, and everyone else can can kiss my ass :gtfo:

Well all I can say is that all the negative comments doesn't stop all these media types from posting new threads every 3 days. So obviously people think they have to do it or somebody cares.

who gives a **** if some assholes 3000 miles and 10 states away doesnt like or get the way y'all ride? seriously?

I give two shits about what my neighbor thinks of me...so some assclown cross the country doesnt mean ****.

Doesn't really matter....I like my buggy, I paid for it, doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks/says.

KOH seems to be all about who spends the most money. (theirs or someone elses.) I'll never have to worry about being a part of it, so I'll keep my ugly, southern cookie cutter, head bashin' piece of junk. They can keep their "cars".

The bitching about no tech is whats funny to me. From what I've seen, most of them sumbitches know everything anyway.

gdf said:
this being the reason i do not get on pirate any more

Get to work wire snatcher! laughing1

Hell I wish I had the coin to build one of the buggies they hate. I've spent many a day watching the Wes's, Bacon's etc. Do **** my junk ain't gonna come close to. There just jealous, hell I know I am.

xjmarc said:
Do **** my junk ain't gonna come close to.

Most of it ain't what they do, it's how they do it. Hell I can climb a lot of the **** they do in my junky lil toyota buggy, I just do it a lot slower, less exciting, less smoke, and my 4cyl doesn't make cool WooPow sounds... :****:

Not everyone hates them, those guys have some MAD skillz!!!!!! We are really trying to make it down there this fall, I just want to hang out for a day and check some of the rigs out. Like Waytt said who cares what anyone thinks, if the customers are happy that is all that matters.

TBItoy said:
I think the biggest problem with the "southern buggy" threads (from recent memory, the JD buggy, eleanor, da situation, heart attack) is that when someone mentions that you cant see out of it, or you'll bump your head, or the paint is too bright, or the exhaust is too loud... Someone feels the need to defend a buggy. It's never the owner or builder, but some ****stick that their opinon matters about at much as the person who is "hatin"

Nail on the head. Not sure when all those that do not have a dog in the hunt will realize they are causing more harm than good with all of the defending they do. Like said above, it is never the builder or the owner that defends the work, it is some wannabe :tc that feels the need to go on there and start a **** storm. Sometimes the most powerful words are the one's left unwritten. thumb.gif

If the southern stereotype is the only a bunch of Redneck Hillshootin Ninja Star sporting, bunch of tubing, and that's all we do, where does that put guys like WOD, EOR, BTF, AC, BIGSILLY,MATTO, 555, and others who [size=10pt]HAVE SUCCESSFULLY BUILT AND RAN KOH WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS[/size]? Sure Coelworx builds trail riding- hillshooting machines, but they are some of the best money can buy. Would I rather be running a stink gassed 22R at 1.65 mph? NO! But that is my choice. I drive what my terrain and wallet tell me I can. I think that here in the south we have the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS WITHOUT A DOUBT. Keep up the GREAT WORK AND KEEP PUSHING THE ENVELOPE. :dblthumb:

what's funny is how they think our rigs won't work out there......we ****ing killed the Rubicon and Moab when we went.

Neal3000 said:
what's funny is how they think our rigs won't work out there......we ****ing killed the Rubicon and Moab when we went.
I can't imagine any buggy not being able to spank anything in Moab unless the suspension was set up terribly.

yeah i know those aren't even close to being the hardest stuff out there but still they act talk like our rigs would just suck balls on anything out there, on the rubicon we must have passed 50 freaking rigs turtle crawlin around on **** that we just hit without hardly even slowing down for and we just have medium pimpin rigs

Latest posts