• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wicked YJ

worked on it tonight we redid the upper front 4 link bars the top joints were in a bind but they are better now. i am going to try and have the top of the roof at about 6'6" and i think 28" to the bottom of the rock slider.the pics are going to have to wait for now. i now have some questions
1 what are the pros and cons to mounting the everything solid other than vibration
2 where all should i put plates for everthing do i need a plate on the front of the motor or just solid mounts on the side of the block and the mid plate need to go between the motor and trans or to the back side of the transmission
3 how much shaft of the coilover needs to be showing at ride height
4 how far away do i need to mount the air bumps away form the bump plates

Pros to mounting soild is that you get alot of the twist out that your motor, trans, and case gets. By mounting solid you should get no twist if your frame is not twisting.

If your running a big motor that tourques alot it will almost eliminate that also.

We have run it both ways mud racing and when we would not solid mount our motors the frames would start cracking or the bushings in the mounts where shot after about a season of racing (10 races).

the motor, tranny, and transfer cases are mounted. cut the floor of the tub mostly out and all the motor and stuff up so i can lower the jeep. the 60 is in pieces waiting on inner axle seals and front u joints. im trying to decide on how to mount the front coil over and just a millon other small thing trying to decide what to do

i have made a little progress we welded the rearend and put the 35 spline stups with 806 joints and locker in the front along with the 5.13 gears. the seats are mounted had to move the fuel sell to make room for the fuel cell, then had to cut some of cell off to make it fit. got the dash frame and console frame made thats about all for now enjoy :dblthumb:

got some work done on the yj this past weekend cut the shock brackets off and redid them then noticed how the bump stops looked

cut the driver side off and moved it up, also made a bracket to go to the cover from the truss for a little more support

i did not realy like the way the front bumper looked so it came off and going another direction also i stuck the grill in for mock up

i made a trip to eor the first of the week and jimmy hooked me up with some parts :dblthumb: , so maybe i can get the steering mount and dash done soon

looks like i need to change the date on my camera and thanks P for the coment i am going to get back on it when i get off work

did not like the first bumper so i lost it and come up with this one
wickedyjparts011.jpg

wickedyjparts012.jpg

the corners are cut to fit around the cage and the front mounting plates are there for the final resting spot for the tank
wickedyjparts013.jpg

added the bar behind the fuel cell going to weld some tabs on the tank for more support when we weld the corners of the tank back up
wickedyjparts014.jpg

worked on my jeep today and have run into a problem on the front coilovers with the springs on them the way there are mounted in the above pics the coils will hit the frame before the shocks extend all the way out.the coilovers are 16 unit and they are at about 11" when they hit the frame. should i just run limiting straps on each shock or make new brackets to put the shocks on the out side of the shock hoops or do yall have any suggestions

hinton said:
worked on my jeep today and have run into a problem on the front coilovers with the springs on them the way there are mounted in the above pics the coils will hit the frame before the shocks extend all the way out.the coilovers are 16 unit and they are at about 11" when they hit the frame. should i just run limiting straps on each shock or make new brackets to put the shocks on the out side of the shock hoops or do yall have any suggestions

Can you french in the frame where they hit have to do this alot on Stock framed jeeps.

got some pimp parts from EOR and thanks to joe i call and the parts are at my door step next day !!!! :dblthumb:
hurtyota2014.jpg

hurtyota2015.jpg

hurtyota2009.jpg

got the dash, roof, and console all trimmed down for the final time

hurtyota2011.jpg

hurtyota2010.jpg

welded the corners up on the fuel cell just have to weld some more tabs on the back to bolt it down

hurtyota2012.jpg

mounted the trans cooler

hurtyota2013.jpg

what would yall use for a skid plate and i have got to build something under the oil pan since it is the lowest thing when bottomed out and what should i do for a throttle cable and pedal setup to run the ls1 i have the stock yj pedal but thats all just looking for a little advise

i did not know if the lokar cable would would work with the stock pedal, and i am thinking about running 1/4 steel skid

3/4 UMHW is the bizzz nizzz , mine has a good bit of cross braced tube above it but it has held up marvelously and is light and easy to remove. :dblthumb:

P said:
3/4 UMHW is the bizzz nizzz , mine has a good bit of cross braced tube above it but it has held up marvelously and is light and easy to remove. :dblthumb:
P where can i find the stuff and how much would it cost(if you know)