• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

InDaShop said:
That a transfer tank from Tractor Supply? :flipoff1:

It was on special. Buy 8 tractor links get a tank for free. Couldn't pass it up since we got the steering there too. :flip gotcha:

skipnrocks said:
That fire suppression system looks cool! Any specs? How many and where are the nozzles?

It is a DJ Safety system. 10lb bottle with dual port cable operated injector head.

Re: Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

a6uguqej.jpg

u5ujuteb.jpg

Re: Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

drycreekjeep said:
lookin great!!!! keep the update pics coming!!!!!!

I'm doing the best with what I have to work with! Those guys are going hard on it and I just let them do their thing. They don't need me in their way or bugging them about it. I'm being as patient as I possibly can be!!!!

Re: Re: Wide Open Design build of an Evolution chassis ( WFO )

Rock bouncers aren't supposed to have a muffler...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the compliments guys. We are pushing hard to get this thing together. I'm really happy with how every thing is coming out.

Yeah the headers are Sanderson that we put V band clamps on. I order them uncoated that way we can weld the new flange on, and getting the entire exhaust coated is just a little bit more expensive then you have to pay for the upgrade to coated headers from a manufacturer.

Woodlee said:
Yeah the headers are Sanderson

Are they 1-1/2" primaries or bigger? I ask because I'm in the market for a set and they're the only center dump style I see on their site for LS. The bigger ones look different.

Sorry about the "20 questions". :)

Beautiful buggy and outstanding craftsmanship!

They are 1.5's and we would have liked to see a little bigger primary on there but Turn Key said that it would be fine for what we are doing with this buggy. I try to use this Sanderson header any where I can. They fit the block really tight and they have a good thick flange at the head. I'm also a Sanderson dealer So give the shop a call if you have any questions about any of their stuff.

Woodlee said:
Buggy looks flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem as usual!

I used a scrap piece of 7075 to keep the the reservoirs in line while they were welded up.

IMG_2032_zpseb04001c.jpg

Love the use of some scrap 7075! and also really like the in-set roof!

Well here is the update. The buggy runs!!! It's going together great and Bj even drove all the way over here to hear it run for the first time.

But the major glitch is that the axle shafts are not going to be done on time. So, it's not going to be ready to go at hot springs this week end. I'm supper bummed about it but that's how it goes.

I'll still see you guys out there this weekend, and I'm sure it's going to be a good time.