• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wide Open Design/EMTS Revolution Build

bluzuk80

After I sold last buggy I decided it was time to build one that I could be happy with and use for a long time. I decided to go with a Wide Open Design Chassis because Adam does such awesome work and the design looks very modern and a few years down the road it wont look out of date. After talking with Rocky a few times I decided to take them the junk I had and have them build me a roller. I will finish it at my shop when time and money allow. When I got there, Adam showed me one he was building as a turn key and I really liked it. I went with the Revolution ''shorty'' chassis with the Evolution front end. Should have it back as a roller in a few weeks. Very excited. Hers a list of parts that Ill be using....
-5.3 HO Alum L33 LS w/cam,tuned MAST oil pan
-WOD 400 rmvb
-3.0 Atlas
-ORI Struts14in travel
-79 HP60
-14bolt
-39 RedLabels/Trailready HD
-WOD front and rear truss

Heres a few pics of one he is building turnkey. Its the shorty with Evolution front end. Mine will not have the door option. Beside building mine into a roller hes also building me the engine skid, double ended ram mount, installing Crane high steer arms and roof panel. The link bars will be 7075 Aluminum (2 1/4" lowers& 2"uppers) with 1 1/4 QA1 rod ends.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 282
xjcrawler said:
Man that chassis is sweet, love that it has doors. flashemifyougotem

I think Adam has done a great job on incorporating doors into this chassis.

bluzuk80, why did you decided to not go with doors on yours?

I might regret not getting the doors but just wanted to keep it simple and quiet. Figured they would rattle over time. They are badass though.

Should be picking it up soon. Adam called me monday and said that he had chassis done, about to link it. Setting the struts for 7in uptravel, 7in downtravel. 112 wheelbase with 20in belly :dblthumb:

You are going to be very happy with the buggy when you are finished. I like my stock cammed LQ4 and I don't know how I could use any more power.

Sawzall said:
You are going to be very happy with the buggy when you are finished. I like my stock cammed LQ4 and I don't know how I could use any more power.

Your saying your buggy has a bone stock LQ4 with just a aftermarket cam in it? and its all the horsepower you could need? What year is the motor? What kind of cam did you go with?

Boy Adam is really cranking out the buggies! Good to see the economy is still rolling right along. :)

Re: Re: Re: Wide Open Design/EMTS Revolution Build

pillsbury said:
Your saying your buggy has a bone stock LQ4 with just a aftermarket cam in it? and its all the horsepower you could need? What year is the motor? What kind of cam did you go with?

Boy Adam is really cranking out the buggies! Good to see the economy is still rolling right along. :)

Yea but he went from a zuki to an LQ4...

Really tho, a LQ4 with a decent cam/headers/tune is a solid 400 HP engine.

The secret is in the tuning, modern efi lets you run "big" cams and still have a decent idle and torque down low.

pillsbury said:

My cam is stock. It is a 2006 LQ4 with a tune by Wayne Hartwig. I am just saying that I don't know how I could benefit from any more power for the type of wheeling I do. If you can blow the tires off of the thing in low gear and destroy Dana 60 gears on the first ride then I don't think more power would benefit me. It would be different if I was rock bouncing.

My last buggy had a tuned 5.3 and it really truly was enough power for anything I do. But then again, 100 more hp and a bumpity cam will be that much more fun :driving:

I have a nice cam and injectors for a LQ4 sitting the shop collecting dust...... :driving: