• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wide Open Designs KOH buggy build

Woodlee

We have been working on a new buggy here at Wide Open Design named the " Hustler " for the upcoming King of the Hammers race. We are excited to bring out a buggy that is totally different for us. We are looking forward to building this race buggy and competing next year with it.

We are using this buggy as a test bed for a lot of things for us. The buggy has a great line up of parts that should be interesting in seeing how they all work together, and we have to give a big thanks for all of the companies that have stepped up and helped make this happen for us.

All of the build up pictures and details will be posted on www.wideopendesign.com under the project Hustler page.

I will be checking this page for feed back and suck so post up what you guys think. We are excited with this build and can not wait to hear the engine fire up and test drive.

shop10040.jpg

shop15028.jpg

shop10034.jpg

Dat thang sho has some sexuality going on.If you need us to take up a collection so you don't have to keep buying all that bent up scrap yard tubing just let me know.Just kidding, hurry up so we can see it rolling.

POPS58 said:
Dat thang sho has some sexuality going on.If you need us to take up a collection so you don't have to keep buying all that bent up scrap yard tubing just let me know.Just kidding, hurry up so we can see it rolling.

Why does the first line of your post make me think there is a picture of you humping this rig too? :popcorn:

Looks good Adam.

Bones said:
Very impressed Adam, it will be very different from any other rig in just the axles alone.

I agree and I LUST those axles , thats my dream **** right there ! drool it looks like its going to have some very sexy lines too ( the pics MattO got from a distance in the shop's of the south series pics I think I got a feel for the overall appearance of this one in my mind )

Look forward to seeing it come together, I see some serious Tarzan coming ! laughing1

cool build adam !!!! dont forget to put lots of antisieze on the bolt heads in those knuckles they try to rust up in the holes in our type of wet and muddy riding.this is somthine i seen in jellico booyang

Bones said:
Who will make the 14B inner axles and are you shooting for the mad steering anlges as well?

CTM and Spider can make them in 300m, you could probably use a Randys, Alloy, or Superior shaft as a blank and have the splines cut to the 30 spline coarse pitch.

Spidertrax is going to build me a custom set of shafts for it. I am not getting all of the crazy mad steering out of the axles because I am running my coil overs and bypasses on the lower link bars. It will be better than a stock 60 but not to the full potential of the knuckles.

I am going to try to be done with it by new years for its first ride with out paint or powder coating. Then test it and come back and tear down for that stuff.

I have a lot more done but it is almost as much work building the buggy as it is to do the build up thread. Thanks for all of the compliments guys.

Woodlee said:
Spidertrax is going to build me a custom set of shafts for it. I am not getting all of the crazy mad steering out of the axles because I am running my coil overs and bypasses on the lower link bars. It will be better than a stock 60 but not to the full potential of the knuckles.

I am going to try to be done with it by new years for its first ride with out paint or powder coating. Then test it and come back and tear down for that stuff.

Nice. thumb.gif Keep it up. Hire Grog for direct mail, secretarial duties, and e-whoring; he has a PhD in that stuff.

B Gillespie said:
Nice. thumb.gif Keep it up. Hire Grog for direct mail, secretarial duties, and e-whoring; he has a PhD in that stuff.

He has already "tapped" that pepper.gif

Willymutt said:
Why does the first line of your post make me think there is a picture of you humping this rig too? :popcorn:

Looks good Adam.
You can bet that the first time I get to her in person she'll be bread. :eat: