• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wilburns offroad park

twentyfootdaredevil

I am trying to get some information about a piece of property that used to be Wilburns. A person I know has made an offer on the property and wants to open it back up as an offroad park.

I haven't got a chance to drive down and check out the property myself so I was hoping you guys could tell me alittle about the potential the park has for jeeps and buggies. I tried PBB with no luck.

If a deal can be made I have been asked to come down and cut new trails on the property and get it ready to be reopened.

So what is the property like and any suggestions for the place?

It was a great park with alot of potential, but it was primarily atv oriented. Alot of big steep climbs with rocks underneath, but didn't get enough traffic to wash the top soil away.

I'd say it would be a great offroad investment.

One of the best parts was the swimming hole (pond) with a platform and the best rope swing I had ever been on!

It was around 2500-3500 acres originally. Wilbourns was bought by an individual last year and he had planned on high fencing the entire property. Pretty sure it isnt for sale now

Bigrocks4x4 said:
Rode around that place one time while back. Didnt really see anything much for jeeps or crawlers cept for one spot with a few hills around it :****:

Did you get to see all of the park? I have heard there are a couple of real good spots but most of the park is better suited to SxSs and fourwheelers. If there are bib steep hills I am sure we can take the excavator and make some trails.

Thanks for the input please keep it coming.

zayne2427 said:
It was around 2500-3500 acres originally. Wilbourns was bought by an individual last year and he had planned on high fencing the entire property. Pretty sure it isnt for sale now

I don't know about it being "for sale" but I know an offer has been made on the property and so far it looks pretty good.

Also he is trying to buy the original 4k acre lot and the piece across the hwy that is right at or alittke over 1k acres. After that he said some small tracts that line the property might also be bought.

We spent most of the day ridin around that place on a SxS and yea ther was a couple good lookin spots, and that one area with a few dune buggy hills on it, but for the most part it was a lot of flat riding best i can remember, that was the only time i went out there.

Bigrocks4x4 said:
Not sayin the place doesnt have potential. Just will take plenty of time an $$$$ IMO thumb.gif

$$$$ Is the one thing he does have right now. I am hoping to make a trip down there in the next few weeks and try to get a good idea what the place is capable of. I just hope its not a flat mudpit.

I go to several of the same parks you guys go to but I am sure we all have different ideas of what creature comforts a park should have. The guy with the cash thinks it should have overly nice cabins and a big main stage/building.

Any input on what you think it should have?

twentyfootdaredevil said:
I go to several of the same parks you guys go to but I am sure we all have different ideas of what creature comforts a park should have. The guy with the cash thinks it should have overly nice cabins and a big main stage/building.

Any input on what you think it should have?
:dblthumb:

It was a good place to ride SxS's etc... for the bouncers not so much, BUT there is a spot, I think on the NorthWest side of the property with some potential for that. Nothing was ever done with that part other than one trail leading up a fun rocky hill. I would visit the place regularly on a SXS if it was opened back up thumb.gif

Dwalk said:
It was a good place to ride SxS's etc... for the bouncers not so much, BUT there is a spot, I think on the NorthWest side of the property with some potential for that. Nothing was ever done with that part other than one trail leading up a fun rocky hill. I would visit the place regularly on a SXS if it was opened back up thumb.gif

How big would you say that spot was? I am sure with some equipment and some rocks we can make some decent trails if we need to.

Wilbourns was awesome. We went and tried to climb a bunch of the buggy hills on our sport quads. There is a video on youtube of it somewhere - Search Hill Climb Fail 400ex - knuckleheads and it should pop up. I live in Jasper and would come ride this place again. It hink it has plenty of potential to be a great park for all types of vehicles, not just buggies.

First thing to do. is Make a Bounty Climb. Something that is almost impossible. That will draw out the big dogs and the :tc.

:dblthumb:

How big would you say that spot was? I am sure with some equipment and some rocks we can make some decent trails if we need to.

Best I can remember around 40 to 50 acres of rocks :dunno: maybe a bit more

[quote 400EX Hill Climb FAIL - Rollover[/url]
[/quote]

Im pretty sure thats the same hill my ol' lady totaled a brand new arctic cat prowler on a month after neck surgery. Thank god she jumped out and let the sxs enjoy the ride. I think we seen the bottom of the machine 9 or 10 times. Wilborns also had alot of dune buggy traffic too.

I don't know about it being "for sale" but I know an offer has been made on the property and so far it looks pretty good.

Also he is trying to buy the original 4k acre lot and the piece across the hwy that is right at or alittke over 1k acres. After that he said some small tracts that line the property might also be bought.
Thatd be awesome. We rode there a good bit
the bottom side close to the interstate had tons of rocks
they never did much with that area
catered mostly to dune buggies and atv's

been there at lest 15 - 20 times and i feel like wilborns would be great for anything with a little work and trail riding, there is a ton of potential in several locations, the canyon, cudzu patch, and back toward the interstate rocky also, they have lots of trails if they havent growed up to bad that lead to some potential rock bouncing. they just tried to keep from making a lot of new trails and hills because they were/are big hunters and own a hunting/outdoor store, also i think its plenty of potential for a ecors type cross country race, they had those for sxs's with huge turnouts, and they also had huge turnouts for the railbuggy hillclimbs they hosted also

there is plenty of room for cabins, rv hookups, and primitive camping also, and in my opinion has the potential to be the one of the best parks in the southeast with the right managment with the right attitude. something the previous managment was lacking imo.

i guess what im trying to say is IF i had the money and it could be bought i wouldnt hesitate to make the purchase

just make sure if you go look at it that leroy knows your coming, i heard he is still living in his trailer up there

also make sure you have a good sense of direction, gps, or somebody that knows the place pretty good to show you around, i spent an hour my first trip just trying to find my way back to the truck :****: