• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wild-N-Reckless

H

hayitsray

Well bought my wife a bastard build that several people have gave up on it's been interesting to say the least on trying to figure out what the last guys was thinking but I'm working out the details slowly 6.0 TH400 205 60/14 soild knuckles and I think it's a Jimmy smith Chassis what I was told when got it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 164
Looks narrow. What are the obvious problems going in? Interested to see how it turns out.

Not hating on your tool usage. just offering a suggestion; I made my first plate bender out of some 3x3x.5inch angle iron welded to some scrap plate. It will get you simple bends that are cleaner than what you can get with wood blocking. The wood just gives too much. Looks like a good start to a bouncer project.

Re:

Sick chassis Will! The lines def looks like a smith chassis, reminds me of Donald Powell's orange smith buggy. Looking forward to seeing this one complete!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Batmobile Will said:
I bought this one from Donald , it's not bad fab it's just when one person starts something then the next person gets it didn't know the ideals of first person it . Then I think I'm the 3 or 4th owner of it and want to go different way like put ORI on it and it was built for coil overs ,I'm not saying any of the previous owners did bad job it's just when it changes hands 3 or 4 times they stuff that gots to get worked out !!! But I'm the red neck that will find a way to make it all work

When I seen it Donald had dropped it off at Todd's . For whatever reason plans changed then next time I seen it you posted pictures of it. It's gonna make a super nice buggy either way.

Thats a hell of a shock angle. How much articulation do the Ori's in the ends compared to coilovers?

As fast as your son built his razor cage you need to get him on the buggy. He can have it mocked up by next week end.

I learned the hard way with my ORI'S struts. If you mount the tabs on the axle side front to rear like you have them, the top of the tab binds into the shock body just below the rebound adjuster. This deforms the aluminum around the adjuster and jambs it in place. It happens when the axle drops out on one side and the other stuffs. It looks like the top of your tabs my be short enough to not cause this problem. If the area above the bolt on the tab is to thin, the ORI can rip out the hole of the tab without limit straps.

Latest posts