• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wilwood brake problems

3camobuggy

Im running a single peddle duel master sylinder wilwoods 7/8s bore is feeding dana 60 front. 1inch bore is feeding a 14 bolt corporate with 1/2 tone disk brake conversation. brakes will not lock up. Any suggestions?

I run a residual (2lb) like the one above on the rear, it has helped a lot, I just recently swapped the old school double piston 60 brakes on the front to the Chevy 1/2 tons, now rears are locking before the fronts, figure I need an adjustable proportioning valve, but would adding another residual to the front lines help with the bias?

I would swap the 1" bore master cylinder to the front caliper and the 7/8 bore to the rear. The stock 60 caliper takes a lot more volume than the 1/2 ton. Do that and the residual valves and it should be a lot better.

By the way we we keep the residual valves on the shelf.

I ordered the residual valves will have them tomorrow and will switch 1'' bore to the front. I hope this works wife's not to happy with her new buggy that wont stop. Thanks for the help.

Re:

I missed where you were running 1" on the rear.

You may have to build a longer pedal to give her more leverage with manual brakes.

I just changed both master cylinders on Bombshell from 7/8" to 3/4". Wow what a difference! Before the 100 lb. chick behind the wheel would have a sore leg after a day of driving trying to keep it from pushing through the brakes. Now she can lock up all four. Little longer pedal stroke but a lot more braking power and less effort.