• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

winch rope?

That's the Spectra, same thing I got, also from Sarg I believe.

I don't know what brand it is--grey,lol

But it came from the ship yards-- maybe sarge can chime in on it...

im going to pickup a spool of 7/16 next week the last spool i had that sarge was running was 3/8. if anyone needs some let me know. im not sure how much it will cost the 3/8 used to be about $1.25 a foot (2 years ago) its easiest to reach me on my cell (206)919-2325 Don i live in kenmore

I've bought from mastrerpull a couple time and always get a great deal! There in bellingham.

Support the local vendors :cool:

I was just looking at the MasterPull website...they have a cool winch rope spec comparison sheet :awesomework:

Edit: after comparing their info with Samson...looks like Masterpull has some bunk info. Amsteele Blue in 5/16" is actually rated @ 13,700

Last edited:
Pardon me if I am hijacking this thread, but can some one explain to me why rope is better then cable? I hear you all chainging it alot ? Why is that ? Thanks for your help in clearing this up.:beer:

I went 1/2" just to make it last .. tree's are always close by and never have had more than half a spool out at its most, not to metion its strong as hell :cool:

Last edited:
5/16" blue from Rockstomper will stall my 10k winch without breaking, it is rated at 13.5 or so, 150' fit on the 10k warn. :awesomework:

but can some one explain to me why rope is better then cable?

...cause all the cool kids have it :D

Actually, I thought synthetic rope was better because it didn't stretch much & was supposed to fall to the ground when it broke. It is rare to have everyone get back to a safe distance while winching...seems like the crowd would be safer if the rig was using synthetic rope :eeek:

dirk hit it on the nose the #1 reason to run rope is safety. when winch rope breaks under load it does bounce a little but far less than cable or a snap strap. if your standing beside winch rope when it breaks it may give you a bruise but wont take off a limb. as well as the fact that you never have to worry about kinked or freyed cable slicing your hand open when respooling or?. the downside to rope is the abrasion resistance of cable is much higher a rough rock will cut through rope under tension instantly where it may only slightly frey a cable.

fyi DANTRAWL is where i get the rope my buddys parents own the place they are one of the largest fishing supply companys in the us. they are a wholesale company and have no storefront there main local wherehouse is in ballard just 1/2 block east of the bardahl sign if you go in and ask ben nicely he might hook you up (a case of coke or? always makes the wherehouse guys happy) make sure you have cash!!

dirk hit it on the nose the #1 reason to run rope is safety. when winch rope breaks under load it does bounce a little but far less than cable or a snap strap. if your standing beside winch rope when it breaks it may give you a bruise but wont take off a limb. as well as the fact that you never have to worry about kinked or freyed cable slicing your hand open when respooling or?. the downside to rope is the abrasion resistance of cable is much higher a rough rock will cut through rope under tension instantly where it may only slightly frey a cable.

fyi DANTRAWL is where i get the rope my buddys parents own the place they are one of the largest fishing supply companys in the us. they are a wholesale company and have no storefront there main local wherehouse is in ballard just 1/2 block east of the bardahl sign if you go in and ask ben nicely he might hook you up (a case of coke or? always makes the wherehouse guys happy) make sure you have cash!!

Is that over by fisherman's warf or ??

I thought mine was free with my T&A discount.....I didn't know everybody got that deal Kevin! Mine is Winchline with a Masterpull fairlead(sp?) instead of rollers.

I use the winch line, and I bought it off ebay at a discount...I even got a hat....:haha:

So once you get the rope how are you splicing it back two feet to make the loop required for the thimble? Do people have the jibs and pushers needed to do this right?

Rudi

Latest posts