• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

winch rope?

So once you get the rope how are you splicing it back two feet to make the loop required for the thimble? Do people have the jibs and pushers needed to do this right?

Rudi

All it takes is a barrel type ink pen barrel and a knife or pair of dikes.

i went down to dantrawl today and ordered a spool of 7/16 spectra. i learned a couple things the ratings on spectra and plasma are minimum tensile strength with a proper splice. the ratings on dynex or superline are based on average non spliced strength plus 10%. so the superline is stronger than spectra but not quite as much as they claim.

also a perfect splice woven one strand at a time by the pros is about 95% of the strength of the rope. a quick splice simply stuffing the rope through itself 3 times over 3-4 inches and then trim about 5 inches to a point and slide it into itself like a finger trap is about 90% strength. a knot is good for a max of 60%

i went down to dantrawl today and ordered a spool of 7/16 spectra. i learned a couple things the ratings on spectra and plasma are minimum tensile strength with a proper splice. the ratings on dynex or superline are based on average non spliced strength plus 10%. so the superline is stronger than spectra but not quite as much as they claim.

also a perfect splice woven one strand at a time by the pros is about 95% of the strength of the rope. a quick splice simply stuffing the rope through itself 3 times over 3-4 inches and then trim about 5 inches to a point and slide it into itself like a finger trap is about 90% strength. a knot is good for a max of 60%

how much was the spool?

I just bought winchline winchrope at Olympic 4x4 on thursday. bought 100ft 3/8 for 212.00 with a hook, was told if you buy it online its half the price but I ddnt have the time to wait for shipping.

I just bought winchline winchrope at Olympic 4x4 on thursday. bought 100ft 3/8 for 212.00 with a hook, was told if you buy it online its half the price but I ddnt have the time to wait for shipping.

what is the rope rated at minimum tensile strength or average break strength and what type of hook

Latest posts