• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock Labor Day weekend

We have been once before with a local and did a really fun loop but have no idea where we were. We will have 3 buggies just looking to have some fun and wheel hard for 3 days.

Re: Re: Windrock Labor Day weekend

Cool....we can run a fun "loop" one day the switch over to Cadillac and Rail for a step up from that another day.

Sounds perfect ill pm you my number. We should roll in Friday around 10 ish.

Wont be available friday...but sat/sun shouldn't be a problem. A couple of days of wheelin you can hit all the hard stuff at windrock. Hell....if nothin breaks you can do it in one! ;D

Ive got somethin grinding on the rear axle I need to look at. I think maybe a caliper took a **** on me. Gonna tryn get that this week...

Cool!

May head over to that new 81/81a section with the hillclimbs after a couple shake down trails close to the parking lot.

What exactly are the rigs you got comin?

Theres always Rattle Rock to spend some time on ;D

ride 15 , little mule to little schoolbus, then over and up stair steps around to rail trail is a good ride a bunch of us locals from around knoxville will be there sat

Thats pretty much the loop I was gonna run....then letem run those new sections on the trail 3 exits.

Shawn...are you ridin with the Junkies this weekend?

We will be riding Friday too hopefully we will meet y'all. Camping all weekend!

I was just there last week and a bunch of stuff is closed.had slides from the rain.the section by the old mine is all closed, they have it trashed right now.

Not sure what trails that includes. Should wheel somewhere else or is it just a few trails?

I've heard tale that the 39, rail trail, end of trail 3 area are all closed due to them reclaiming a cole pile and mud slides.. If that's the case I wouldn't waste my time if your coming from outta state!! The only difficult trails left are 15, lil mule, and stair steps and those can all be rode in about 15min...IMO windrock really needs to step it up for the orv enthusiasts and quit mainly focusing on the atvs and sxs!!

I dont think theyre closed....just have some work goin on at that pile at the end of Rail.

I agree with Jaime though....Windrock is a "one day" trail run for buggy/ton stuff. Albeit on a perfect dsy with no breakaged.

Vanover tells me his groups will run 15...mule...rattle rock....stairsteps...down Cadillac. ...up Rail.....3 and back to the trailer by 4pm.

Thats pretty much as tough as it gets there for a continual loop.

The stuff I usually ride with are good for a 15, bus, steps and 3 and then just call it a day. I'm not an all day rider.....'specially in this 90+ degree heat. I like doing mild/easy trail riding on those days. There's a few shady type trails that are awesome to kick back and relax on and enjoy the day with one hand on the wheel and another on a beverage. ;) I don't like to unleash all 90hp of leaf sprung Cherokee fury on the trails all the time. :drinkers:

Jwhit55 said:
I've heard tale that the 39, rail trail, end of trail 3 area are all closed due to them reclaiming a cole pile and mud slides.. If that's the case I wouldn't waste my time if your coming from outta state!! The only difficult trails left are 15, lil mule, and stair steps and those can all be rode in about 15min...IMO windrock really needs to step it up for the orv enthusiasts and quit mainly focusing on the atvs and sxs!!
[/quote

sorry jwhitt no 10000 hill????? But i know one we still aint climbed and i believe that tree still has that magnet in it..
somebody said windrock wanted more trails cut for buggies????? ??? ??? ??? ???

When the foilage starts diein' off in fall imma tryn get some more stuff cut in that 81a area.

Ive scouted around jus a lil and theres some gnarly stuff with good potential. Needs to be s'more stuff in that area to make it worthwhile to drive a buggy all the way out there. From the lower parking lot I think it takes about 20-30 min. of gravel rd drivingwith the last 10 minutes being part rocky(flat/downhill)trail.

It's not bad, but if I had a ton'd somethin'or other, I wouldn't like it. But maybe i'm just spoiled by 15/mule/bus/steps and 21 being so close to the parking lot. ;)