• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock Security

Re: Re: Windrock Security

truckbroke said:
Tony how long would it really take someone to ride the whole park if they stayed on main trails? The place seems huge looking at from a maps perspective?
I've had this discussion with others before....and it's not very long at all. These are only trails that I think are worth running or linking together. There's some 50's trail numbers that are decent and that gay ass waldens Ridge death trap trail....so prolly add a couple hours or 3 for that stuff.

Now...given everyone has big tires....big axles....cookie cutter quality built 1 ton stuff that doest break and know how to find a line... it can all easily be done in a day.

Trail 15...10 minutes
Lil Mule...5 minutes
School bus...15 minutes
Stairsteps...2 minutes
Rattle rock....1 hour
Cadillac(full run)....1 hour
Rail trail.... 30 minutes
Trail 3 10 minutes
Atomic Ridge 1hr-ish (not personally ran before)

Rinky dink 35" tire trails...
Trail 22..... 1 hour
Trail 16.... 1 1/2 hours
Trail 43/44... 1hour
Trail 12/13...2hrs

truckbroke said:
Tony how long would it really take someone to ride the whole park if they stayed on main trails? The place seems huge looking at from a maps perspective?
II have rode every trail that the mountain has to offer whether it be on 4 wheeler or buggy or side by side. You cannot ride every trail in a week. And that is hard riding with minimum breaKs. I have Road 3 days on side by side over 80 miles per day and not touched a small portion of it

When I come up with the kids this winter I thought about packing a lunch and some extra fuel just to ride some of the main trails them selves atleast for a day. No crawling just riding the main gravel roads. Last time we stayed over on the rattle rock trail side on the map and there was the whole eastern side of the map we never even touched.

truckbroke said:
When I come up with the kids this winter I thought about packing a lunch and some extra fuel just to ride some of the main trails them selves atleast for a day. No crawling just riding the main gravel roads. Last time we stayed over on the rattle rock trail side on the map and there was the whole eastern side of the map we never even touched.
The north side of the mountain has a lot of trails that are just not road that much. There are some very good trails over there.

rek said:
II have rode every trail that the mountain has to offer whether it be on 4 wheeler or buggy or side by side. You cannot ride every trail in a week. And that is hard riding with minimum breaKs. I have Road 3 days on side by side over 80 miles per day and not touched a small portion of it
^^^^ This is truth!
Tony's times are from "hot lapping" the same route :fish:

Re:

Yea....my trails are the ones I think most run with full size stuff.

If you wanna bomb down gravel roads and 2wd trail stuff....there's trails like that for days there.

Atomic Ridge time is if it's dry. I've only been on it wet and by the videos I've seen (looked dry), it's totally different.

wimpykid said:
Atomic Ridge time is if it's dry. I've only been on it wet and by the videos I've seen (looked dry), it's totally different.
You should try in the winter time when it is froze. All day trip

Re: Re: Windrock Security

tonybolton said:
I've had this discussion with others before....and it's not very long at all. These are only trails that I think are worth running or linking together. There's some 50's trail numbers that are decent and that gay ass waldens Ridge death trap trail....so prolly add a couple hours or 3 for that stuff.

Now...given everyone has big tires....big axles....cookie cutter quality built 1 ton stuff that doest break and know how to find a line... it can all easily be done in a day.

Trail 15...10 minutes
Lil Mule...5 minutes
School bus...15 minutes
Stairsteps...2 minutes
Rattle rock....1 hour
Cadillac(full run)....1 hour
Rail trail.... 30 minutes
Trail 3 10 minutes
Atomic Ridge 1hr-ish (not personally ran before)

Rinky dink 35" tire trails...
Trail 22..... 1 hour
Trail 16.... 1 1/2 hours
Trail 43/44... 1hour
Trail 12/13...2hrs

Does cadillac still have the nasty hill in the middle of it? The trail made like a right hand turn then you go up a hill if i remember correctly. and what about the rock face at the very end?

Re:

Yup....still got the ol "slant hill" as I call it. It's gotten to be the bad spot on the trail now.

Rock face climb out still at end. Kinda grown up....not many hit it due to the "either make it....or roll it" factor.

Bypass is still there....I keep it clean. ;)

Re:

tonybolton said:
Yup....still got the ol "slant hill" as I call it. It's gotten to be the bad spot on the trail now.

Rock face climb out still at end. Kinda grown up....not many hit it due to the "either make it....or roll it" factor.

Bypass is still there....I keep it clean. ;)

Yeah last time the face at the end was bad. Over my hood lol.

Last time I rode Windrock was a solid 14 years ago or so and I had a run in with Ranger Hard Penis. Pretty much same story. Wasn't doing anything wrong at all, he got an attitude, pretty sure I told him to go **** himself and then he proceeded to basically stalk our group the rest of the weekend. Guy was a total douche. I don't even remember what it was all about now but I do know for sure that the guy was totally out of line.