• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock Security

Re:

Windrock has large trash cans at some of the more problematic areas.....people still throw it on the grounds. It's really sad.

I watched a guy bounce up Trail 15 one-time spilling cans and other trash out of the bed of his truck and once he got to the top I watched everyone and they just stood there and bullshitted and never once went down to pick anything up I went down and picked everything up and then just left.

I waited about 15 minutes for them to go pick the stuff up so it wasn't like I just started right after he got to the top either. As I was turning around at the top one of them said "we were going to go pick that up".... and I thought to myself ...yeah right.

I haven't been to Windrock in years. Last time I went was on 4 wheelers with the ex, and that was in 2012 i think, maybe 2013. Supposed to go up there in September with a group.

So ****ing true. I know beer is probably under attack simply because nobody drinks 12 cokes while they're there but they will drink 12 beers while they are there. But it is the truth trash is trash. I think the beer has more to do with safety and liability than trash.

Wonder how many empty beer cans get thrown out now, since if you do get it, you don't want a bunch of empties in the floorboards to be easily spotted.....

Re:

Yup...that's a factor too.

I'll also add that just because there's trash on the Jeep or buggy Trails does not mean there are no cans or litter on the ATV or smaller vehicle trails. I see it there too... sometimes more than the others.

I can only speak for the guys I wheel with from Florida, but I have never left a day at Windrock, AOP, Harlan, or Choccolocco without collecting at least a trashbag full of someone else's trash. We don't get up there anywhere near often enough to make a difference, but if all responsible wheelers just carried a trash bag and filled it up every day, you would be part of the solution.

Not to mention that if you were stopped on the way out, you have a great reason to have a bunch of dead soldiers.

Re:

With this thread steering into a trash on the ground thread, I'd like state that windrock is not completely trash filled. Yes, there are some areas where you find some but the place is alot nicer than it was 2 years ago.

Thankfully the cleanliness is up trending as opposed to the welcoming some are receiving I guess.

mudpup said:
I can only speak for the guys I wheel with from Florida, but I have never left a day at Windrock, AOP, Harlan, or Choccolocco without collecting at least a trashbag full of someone else's trash. We don't get up there anywhere near often enough to make a difference, but if all responsible wheelers just carried a trash bag and filled it up every day, you would be part of the solution.

So you pick up one bag every few years? :rolf:

You can drink beer all day and night long at AOP and GMP. Probably two of the cleanest parks you can wheel. IMHO it's the people that use those parks that make the difference! Not a bunch of rules. Go ride AOP,GMP and Windrock and people watch in the parking lots and the trails. You will find a different breed of people at windrock. You have a bunch of Atv/SXS at windrock vs people like You and Me! Not all Atv/SXS people are bad :****:

Craig_c said:
Wonder how many empty beer cans get thrown out now, since if you do get it, you don't want a bunch of empties in the floorboards to be easily spotted.....

I've seen that a bunch. Also happens on the lake too. No one around here wants TWRA finding beer in your boat .

thumb.gif yep. That's what's up! And also trash is trash! Don't matter what it is, it is still easier to stop something that is "harmful" rather than just saying "no beverages allowed of any kind." Tough **** if your thirsty ! Lol. Next will be a tire size limit, fuel type requirements & no riding after dark ! :driving: (not picking on just Windrock) I was making a reference to "tread lightly" people stabbing at our privileges of riding!

They could always give a free day pass per bag of trash you carry out! You know, make people wanna clean up a bit.

Re:

tonybolton said:
With this thread steering into a trash on the ground thread, I'd like state that windrock is not completely trash filled. Yes, there are some areas where you find some but the place is alot nicer than it was 2 years ago.

Thankfully the cleanliness is up trending as opposed to the welcoming some are receiving I guess.

Very good point. This could cause some to have a bad image of the park without ever experiencing it first hand. In my opinion it's an awesome park.

Correct. I like Windrock better than Harlan myself. I compare it to Harlan since I'm from south central Ky and that's the two "big" parks here close. I am in no way questioning the awesomeness of the park just due to some bad experiences on here and questionable "reasoning" for some policies they choose to enforce because I've rode several and it has the most riding and well layed out obstacles/good-difficult trails.

Until this weekend, I'd never been to Windrock. I came down from Buffalo with a couple of buddies to watch the races and pick up some parts (we put a Dana 60 in the trunk of our rental car :****:).

Anyway, I didn't get to see any more of the park, but we did have a run in with a **** security guy. During the last SxS hill, they let some people up on the hill, as long as you were 65 feet from the side of the course. We respected this rule and found a spot to watch. I tried climbing up higher to one of the roads cut across the hill. I was met by a security guy who told me I couldn't come any higher than where he was (standing on the fire road). I said, I understand, 65 feet to the side of the course, so no closer across the hill.... He said yeah, but you also can't come any higher. Meaning I had to stand on the steep ass hill side rather than the level road 3 feet away. It was no closer to the course. Whatever. I wasn't gonna argue with this asshole. I stood where I was and watched.

After the SxS's finished, they let us stay up there for the bouncer class. We were a good distance across the hill, on the fire road that the tough guy denied me from earlier ::). Some people were standing on the road that cuts across the top of the hill, also a good distance from the actual course. That same **** made all of those people move off the top and slide down a pretty steep section to the road we were on. I don't know what this dude's problem was, but trucks don't usually roll uphill and 100 feet to the side through trees. The worst part is, he sent all of those people down onto the road that was being used to drive out broken buggies that rolled. I spotted a couple competitors through the crowd so nobody got run into.

Other than that, we had a great time.... I guess long story short, there's assholes in every crowd. The only one I encountered Saturday had "Security" on his shirt and a gun on his hip.

Latest posts