• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

lead tech at an auto repair shop, wifey is an accountant for a municipality, i have a well built sammi that i wheel, and am finishing up an LS based bouncer, spend alot of time in the shop and eat alot of Ramen!!!! its a lifelong process

scared to death!!!!!

Lead Machinist at an airline, wife is in a Manager's position in county Government, scrimmped and done stuff on the cheap in order to pay ourselves into debt free, to try and position ourselves into a retirement sometime in the future.

Brad597 said:
I'm gonna get me one of them chicken farms, so I can be rich and by a badass crawler!
:gay:

I own a 4 house chicken farm and build a few buggies on the side. Im starting to go bald now............. :flipoff1:

smurfy90 said:

I Im starting to go bald now............. :flipoff1:

doubt it applies to you but i seen a shirt that said its not a bald spot, its a solar panel for a sex machine :flipoff1:

I am the manager over Russell Materials LLC. I run a sand/clay/gravel pit. Weighmaster licensed, Class A CDL, Heavy Equipment Operator, Degree in Applied Science Etc. Etc. and I borrowed money from my Dad to buy a used RZR. LOL I don't know how in the world they afford the bouncers. I'll never own one. If I could load dump trucks with cocain I'd get Wide Open Design and Coleworx to build me a couple tomorrow.

Me and my wife are both licensed contractors, two businesses. I pipeline and excavate, she has an erosion,seeding and concrete company. We work about 45 people, have four full time office people, she is a minority contractor for the state. NOW, I've been building my rig over 7 years. I have been wanting to change from rear air shocks to coil overs for a year and can't bring my self to send the money! I just put a two thousand dollar transmission in my dump truck but can't bring my self to spend $800.00 on shocks. When I break, mine sits for awhile. I think nobody can afford this ****, but if I didn't do this, I would go frekin caazy!

halcat said:
Me and my wife are both licensed contractors, two businesses. I pipeline and excavate, she has an erosion,seeding and concrete company. We work about 45 people, have four full time office people, she is a minority contractor for the state. NOW, I've been building my rig over 7 years. I have been wanting to change from rear air shocks to coil overs for a year and can't bring my self to send the money! I just put a two thousand dollar transmission in my dump truck but can't bring my self to spend $800.00 on shocks. When I break, mine sits for awhile. I think nobody can afford this ****, but if I didn't do this, I would go frekin caazy!
Dont forget to mention the part that you have one hell of a rig, with about 600hp thumb.gif

civicmindedex79 said:
This man should be loaded. Plenty of them Ford diesels to work on.

I made a failed attempt at being a machinist and now been making paper for about 10 years. I started out with an 87 wrangler and collected parts until I could afford to have a chassis built. I often wonder how long I can afford this hobby. :****:

Hope you don't work at the Courtland plant, sounds like its bout to be no good for them boys out there :puke:

B.DRAKE said:
Hope you don't work at the Courtland plant, sounds like its bout to be no good for them boys out there :puke:

Nope I don't. I work at the tissue plant in cherokee. Its a bad situation all around for those brothers/sisters in Courtland.

Field technician for a caterpillar dealership working on industrial equipment. Wife is a nurse at a big hospital, we both like wheeling so she contributes a lot to the cause. Also spend a lot of time doing jobs on the side on vehicles and carpentry work also helps.

I was a operations supervisor for Nissan, but now I work for amazon. Until I start my lineman apprenticeship next year

Work for a natural gas and oil company as a area operator. And won the powerball lottery........and I still can't afford a real bouncer :****: Chad :dblthumb:

I work at Budweiser been there 30 yrs,in order to have a buggy you just have to get your priority's straight,the hell with all the bill's my buggy comes first. :****:

454tbacon said:
I work at Budweiser been there 30 yrs,in order to have a buggy you just have to get your priority's straight,the hell with all the bill's my buggy comes first. :****:
I drove a Pepsi truck for 10 years. Vendor life sucks! Cotton the GM for bud in muscle shoals AL tried for a few years to get me to come drive for them.

454tbacon said:

I've been helping to support your buggy for years :****: My wife is a professional budweiser quality taste controller :drinkers: Chad :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

smurfy90 said:

I own a 4 house chicken farm and build a few buggies on the side. Im starting to go bald now............. :flipoff1:
Shits weak

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I am a Federal employee, working for the National Guard working POS Army equipment, but it is a pretty good gig. I am also co-running a offroad shop with a buddy of mine. For now it is part time for both of us, but will full time for him by the end of the month....no way could I give up my GOV job to run shop :****: ....that means I would have to work! LOL molaugh
My wife is a teacher, so no extra money there!

No buggy yet, but it is in process....if I could get some time to work on it, instead of the jeeps that keep coming in, I might be able to finish it this year! They are paying the bills though and helping pay for some parts.

Brian

I'm a high school auto mechanics teacher. The wife works for our county government. I've been doing this **** for a long ass time now so a lot of parts collected. Plus we have no childrens. Side jobs, hustling, buying/selling trading and any other way I can get $$ for my builds.

Been in the auto collision business for 18 years. Pays the bills most of the time, and allows me to build my Jeep the way I like it. Currently collecting parts for my All Toyota buggy.