• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

Build and maintain power lines full time small lawncare business on the side!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting out of the rock crawling business for a while cant find time to do it much anymore

Hendrix said:
Been in the auto collision business for 18 years. Pays the bills most of the time, and allows me to build my Jeep the way I like it. Currently collecting parts for my All Toyota buggy.

And a fine builder and painter you are!!!

I followed your builds on Jeep Forum for a long time! You have some skills!

I live just a few miles from Steve Hitt and we used to wheel some. I met his dad and some others out in Moab again this year for EJS.

Equipment operator, electrician, plumber, welder, fabricator, mechanic, fence builder, fence maintainer, bovine doctor, bovine ob doctor, cattle feeder, babysitter, instructor/teacher, truck driver, wood cutter, tile layer, barn builder, corral builder, 4 wheeler stunt driver, horse rider, concrete worker among other things...AKA Rancher/Farmer

My wife is a stay at home Mom for our 3 children

Electrican at 3M.... Momma is self employeed...yeah dont get any of that money......Buy sell and trade to make a few extra dollars, and the occ. side job......I paid my house off before i got real deep in the wheeling and that has helped me more than anything

I manage a group of people in our logisticstechsupportmanufacturingaccountingengineeringrentalssalesfieldserviceandtransportation departments.

crawlin85cj said:
I manage a group of people in our logisticstechsupportmanufacturingaccountingengineeringrentalssalesfieldserviceandtransportation departments.
man! Thats the longest word I've ever seen.

crawlin85cj said:
Now that's impressive. Im not sure what that means but wow it must be important.

Im a LT/EMT for Panama City Beach Fire Rescue...been at it 11yrs (yay spring break!!). My wife is a middle school teacher so no money there lol. I have to hustle every damn day im off to enjoy this sport... i buy, sell, swap, build others stuff, do anything to turn a buck or trade for a part that I need. I dont have a bouncer and never will but thats ok...my family and i enjoy the crawling side of it and we like to watch the big boys bounce. What really helps more than anything is my wife tolerates me and my obesseion ;). I am also lucky to have a good group of local crawling friends...we all help work on each others rigs, split travel expenses for wheeling trips, and most of all keep each other motivated!

Did auto glass work for 17 yrs but now I'm an estimator and production manager for a local bodyshop. Still do glass work for the Year One Restoration Parts Co. and Timeless Rods street rod Co. for wheeling money.

Own a roofing company in middle tn which helps get me there and back and also run a fab shop where I work on other peoples stuff in the evening to pay for my parts!

crawlin85cj said:

Sommers told me thats his job. :flipoff1:

gdf said:
Electrican at 3M....I don't do ****.

^Fixed!^

I work in Resin and wife works in Film division at 3M. I also bend a little tube on the side for extra money.

crawlin85cj said:

It's tough being the boss! Most accurate job description I've seen laughing1

I sell oil, mainly Food Grade, all over TN & KY. watch a lot of chickens get killed and bread being baked (and ice cream, and soda, and that gritty stuff in your toothpaste, and Lil Debbie cakes!)

I am supposed to be a service manager at a commercial tire store. Most days i feel like i run an adult daycare but am not allowed to beat the children. I buy **** from TbiToy to help fund his bonus buggy fund, probably only enough to pay for gas though .

I'm the operations manager for fireworkssupermarket / MADfireworks. I'm greatful to all of you who like to set things on fire and watch them blow up.

OH,,,,, me & my Dad run an independent Mercedes Benz repair shop wich translates most days into havin to deal mostly with a buncha damn coons that thanks they can "fodes" to drive an expensive German automobile that they bought from some used car shithole or a damn junk auction with it SLAP ****IN TOTALLED OUT but still runnin as they drive it off the lot and skrate to us to "GET THE LIGHT TURNED OFF",,,check engine light,,,or "JACKS IT BACK UP SO,s THEY RIMS FIT",,,blown hydraulic / air suspension problems,,,SRS ,,,, ABS,,,, ESP ,,,,........ALL ****IN DASH LIGHTS LIT AS HELL WHEN THEY BUYS IT AND WANT US TO FIX IT ALL FOR FREE CAUSE' I AIN,T GOTS NO MO MONEY CAUSE I SPENT IT ALL BUYIN THIS CAH"

:****:

zukiscott said:
OH,,,,, me & my Dad run an independent Mercedes Benz repair shop wich translates most days into havin to deal mostly with a buncha damn coons that thanks they can "fodes" to drive an expensive German automobile that they bought from some used car shithole or a damn junk auction with it SLAP ****IN TOTALLED OUT but still runnin as they drive it off the lot and skrate to us to "GET THE LIGHT TURNED OFF",,,check engine light,,,or "JACKS IT BACK UP SO,s THEY RIMS FIT",,,blown hydraulic / air suspension problems,,,SRS ,,,, ABS,,,, ESP ,,,,........ALL ****IN DASH LIGHTS LIT AS HELL WHEN THEY BUYS IT AND WANT US TO FIX IT ALL FOR FREE CAUSE' I AIN,T GOTS NO MO MONEY CAUSE I SPENT IT ALL BUYIN THIS CAH"

:****:

Now that's straight up funny chit rat thar

Me, I'm a night janitor for a small all Asian Sorority house ( molaugh )and my Shugga momma is the Queen Bee for Birmingham Rail and locomotive. :dblthumb: