• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

bushhog750

Just curious what you guys do to afford to keep up with this hobby/sport. I mean its not cheap as we all know. Maintenance, repairs, upgrades and then fuel to get them there and back. I work for CSX Railroad and do pretty good, but my old lady is the bread winner doing computer software. I see so many guys with some really nice **** and I often wonder what they do for work. I mean I dont hurt for anything and life doesnt suck, but I was just curious what some of you guys did to afford your pile of parts.

For most its years of accumulating parts or making upgrades over time. For others its walking into a shop and putting a credit card on file and saying build it!!

Parts still gotta be bought or traded off. I know it takes time and or money. That's what I'm asking is what people actually do for work to buy the **** they have.

bushhog750 said:
Just curious what you guys do to afford to keep up with this hobby/sport. I mean its not cheap as we all know. Maintenance, repairs, upgrades and then fuel to get them there and back. I work for CSX Railroad and do pretty good, but my old lady is the bread winner doing computer software. I see so many guys with some really nice **** and I often wonder what they do for work. I mean I dont hurt for anything and life doesnt suck, but I was just curious what some of you guys did to afford your pile of parts.

ive often wondered the same thing. Ive been pretty blessed to have what I have but a $40K weekend toy just doesnt fit in the budget anywhere. I do custom boat windows and my wife is a nurse. We bank a decent amount throughout the year but not enough to get into rockbouncing lol. Im just glad some people can afford it b/c i like watching the beat downs they put on them :****:

ratedX said:
I work on powerlines and take out loans lol
I'm training a guy at work that used to do the helicopter powerline stuff. Crazy stuff right there. I'm with you. Borrow money now, pay it back a little at a time. Lol

I wheel a toyota with a buncha used parts and having a friend that is a vendor helps alot, also bought a bunch of parts on craigslist. I had to put mine together using the double b method...budget and bachelor :flipoff1:

Although the last b is about to change to a m. :****:

Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

Work 3 jobs and try not to break the junk I use to ride around in

Jwhit55 said:
CSX railroad and the wife is a therapist!!
Csx should sponsor us. With what they waste on paper and bullshit we could make one hell of a showing some where.

There's already a thread on here some where with alot of pages on why people so...

I'm a GM tech

I'm a Firefighter Paramedic. And I'm in LEO school so I can be a state fire marshal one day.

bushhog750 said:
I'm training a guy at work that used to do the helicopter powerline stuff. Crazy stuff right there. I'm with you. Borrow money now, pay it back a little at a time. Lol
Yea that helo work is fun stuff just hard to come by

ratedX said:
Yea that helo work is fun stuff just hard to come by
That has to pay good. He never has told me what it paid but he said he never worried about when the next pay day was.

bushhog750 said:
Csx should sponsor us. With what they waste on paper and bullshit we could make one hell of a showing some where.
They sponsor NASCAR, I don't see why they wouldn't sponsor us!!

I'm a Aerospace Machinist make a good living but never get rich :****:

Well at least you can't with a stay home mom, but I wouldn't take nothing for her being home with little man :dblthumb:

Latest posts