• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Working away from home

I traveled for almost 24 years, moved 28 time building light rail systems all over the US. It's been good but, my kids didn't get to group up with their cousins and grandparents, which I regret sometimes. Been with the same company for 27 years and now I finally took an office position here in Atlanta and that's going on 3 years. My kids give me **** about it saying, "now you settler down" lol. I do enjoy being able to settle down, own a home and build a new jeep toy but, at the same time I think my gypsy blood is starting to boil again........

I traveled for almost 24 years, moved 28 time building light rail systems all over the US. It's been good but, my kids didn't get to group up with their cousins and grandparents, which I regret sometimes. Been with the same company for 27 years and now I finally took an office position here in Atlanta and that's going on 3 years. My kids give me **** about it saying, "now you settler down" lol. I do enjoy being able to settle down, own a home and build a new jeep toy but, at the same time I think my gypsy blood is starting to boil again........
That's the problem for me! When I get around home during the slow times and see everything is just like I left it 15 years ago, you visit everyone on weekends, friends are at work all week. Tennessee unemployment sucks! A month or so of that and I'm ready to roll out again.

That's the problem for me! When I get around home during the slow times and see everything is just like I left it 15 years ago, you visit everyone on weekends, friends are at work all week. Tennessee unemployment sucks! A month or so of that and I'm ready to roll out again.

Yep, when we go home I can go to the local bar and still find the same friends sitting on the same bar stools lol.

Holy hell, lol... I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, still hooked on the money thing... I'm glad that I can FaceTime with my family so it helps...But still miss being at home...but when I am able to get home I have a ton of things I need to do while I'm there...not much time for relaxing I guess... Anyway thanks for all the feedback from you guys...

Holy hell, lol... I'm not planning on quitting anytime soon, still hooked on the money thing... I'm glad that I can FaceTime with my family so it helps...But still miss being at home...but when I am able to get home I have a ton of things I need to do while I'm there...not much time for relaxing I guess... Anyway thanks for all the feedback from you guys...

Understandable on things to do. When I would come in from the road I'd start 2nd shift (ie all the things I want to get done since I've been gone)

I started pipelining when I was 18 and did it for 13 years, I was gone as long as 2.5 years once.i worked ever where from West coast to the east coast. I loved traveling, but it ended up costing one relationship and almost a second. I don't have kids so that helped, but if you do I would try to get them to come, or go home as often as possible. I now have a job at a steel mill, and only have to travel a few times a year. It's ok, but I must have gypsy blood, because I still get the itch to go back pipelining

He is being polite this time though

Latest posts