• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

world series

I was once a big fan of professional baseball. Then the overpaid ****ers went on strike and have had a hard time giving two shits about any professional sports since.

Not knocking the OP or any fans, just my 2 cents.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Kansas City / New York
:gay: :gay:

Liberal shitholes, **** 'em both.
I'm in KS. I generally can't stand to watch sportsball, and have never understood baseball. Never really played it as a kid. There is a lot that goes into it, a lot that I'll never grasp in strategy and tactics. That said, I got a little caught up in the world series run last year as it was my kid's first year playing baseball and it was one thing we could do together. This year I watched probably a few games in a bar, 2 of my buddies are big fans and always have been, so my passing interest was another topic we could move to at times as it was mostly them explaining why a certain player or manager had done what they did.
This post season there have been lots of watch parties that involve wives and kids as well, so it is something the wife and kids and I can go to and I can have some beer with friends and hang out while sports are on in the background. I've enjoyed it and even stayed up and watched a few games. That said I've not posted about it on social media, I own no more gear than I did before and am at best a passing fair weather fan. What it has given me is an appreciation for the game of baseball that I never had before, and frankly, never cared to have. This run has envigorated parts of the city an hour North of me and is pretty cool all around.
As for Both being liberal shitholes, Maybe the city of KCMO, as it is in Missouri and goes more left. KS is very conservative and I love living here (even though the KC team is in MO :flipoff1:)

blacksheep10 said:
I'm in KS. I generally can't stand to watch sportsball, and have never understood baseball. Never really played it as a kid. There is a lot that goes into it, a lot that I'll never grasp in strategy and tactics. That said, I got a little caught up in the world series run last year as it was my kid's first year playing baseball and it was one thing we could do together. This year I watched probably a few games in a bar, 2 of my buddies are big fans and always have been, so my passing interest was another topic we could move to at times as it was mostly them explaining why a certain player or manager had done what they did.
This post season there have been lots of watch parties that involve wives and kids as well, so it is something the wife and kids and I can go to and I can have some beer with friends and hang out while sports are on in the background. I've enjoyed it and even stayed up and watched a few games. That said I've not posted about it on social media, I own no more gear than I did before and am at best a passing fair weather fan. What it has given me is an appreciation for the game of baseball that I never had before, and frankly, never cared to have. This run has envigorated parts of the city an hour North of me and is pretty cool all around.
As for Both being liberal shitholes, Maybe the city of KCMO, as it is in Missouri and goes more left. KS is very conservative and I love living here (even though the KC team is in MO :flipoff1:)

A few days before I got out of the Army, I really had no desire to go back home just yet. I did the old close your eyes, point to the map thing. Salinas, Kansas is where I pointed, got on the ol' innerwebz looking for a house and job, couldn't find ****. Really wish I could have made that work, would have been a neat story.

pholmann said:
Baseball is about the equivalent of watching paint dry. :****:
That's why you have to be at a party with friends for one. For 2, I always agreed until recently. Became friends with an ex pro ball pitcher. Talking about the pitch by pitch battle that a pitcher goes through with a limited arsenal and batters that learn your tricks, it is more interesting to watch from that view point. As a whole, watching the rest of the play NEVER happen (I mean less than a third of the time does someone get on, ****ing boring) gets old as ****.
Either way, if the Royals suck again next year, I won't watch because they won't be in teh post season, and who has time to watch like 150 games until that point.

5BrothersFabrication said:
A few days before I got out of the Army, I really had no desire to go back home just yet. I did the old close your eyes, point to the map thing. Salinas, Kansas is where I pointed, got on the ol' innerwebz looking for a house and job, couldn't find ****. Really wish I could have made that work, would have been a neat story.
Salina is a bit out there, but close to Ft Riley and that is close to Manhattan. KSU bars and party scene is pretty good. I went there 2.5 years. I love where I live, 130 acre back yard, very rural town, yet still 25 minutes from the Southern KC suburbs so you can go to all the good shops and get stuff, the large steel companies and such deliver to me for a reasonable amount etc. Only downfall is land is so giraffe ***** high a farmer can't expand. Too valuable for houses.

blacksheep10 said:
Salina is a bit out there, but close to Ft Riley and that is close to Manhattan. KSU bars and party scene is pretty good. I went there 2.5 years. I love where I live, 130 acre back yard, very rural town, yet still 25 minutes from the Southern KC suburbs so you can go to all the good shops and get stuff, the large steel companies and such deliver to me for a reasonable amount etc. Only downfall is land is so giraffe ***** high a farmer can't expand. Too valuable for houses.

Precisely my observation.

Latest posts