• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTB 6.0 Powerstroke

JeffH454

Son decided to throw big injectors , turbo and tune at his 6.0 and boom so now we’re looking for a new engine. I’m interested in long and short blocks..rebuilt or good used condition.

Thank you, Jeff

JeffH454

Son decided to throw big injectors , turbo and tune at his 6.0 and boom so now we’re looking for a new engine. I’m interested in long and short blocks..rebuilt or good used condition.

Thank you, Jeff
Still looking…

Lil ugly

I am no help in your search, but did have a question. The 6.0 Powerstroke was plagued with issues from the factory. I know that there has been alot of aftermarket support to fix those issues and to my understanding it was decent motor after those fixes. Putting budget a side, is it worth building the 6.0 again vs going for the newer 6.7 or an older 7.3? I like living dangerously so i assumed that the tranny bolts right up to both of my alternate choices.

ridered3

Not Rigless
I am no help in your search, but did have a question. The 6.0 Powerstroke was plagued with issues from the factory. I know that there has been alot of aftermarket support to fix those issues and to my understanding it was decent motor after those fixes. Putting budget a side, is it worth building the 6.0 again vs going for the newer 6.7 or an older 7.3? I like living dangerously so i assumed that the tranny bolts right up to both of my alternate choices.
Paging @Mattman347 for some Powerstroke info.

JeffH454

Once you address the shortcomings of a 6.0 they can be real screamers…why you’d want that in a work truck is beyond me but my 22 year old son seems to love them , his truck‘s a 4x4 6 speed and his bulletproof’d and semi-built 6.0 really liked reving through a manual trans.

He bought the truck as a tired old 2wd auto with a stock but bulletproof‘d engine that had 347K hard miles on it …they can be good power plants once you address all the common problems.

Mattman347

The 7.3L Powerstroke guy
Take a look at Kill Devil Diesel and Asheville engine and machine, thy both have good reputations for rebuilt 6.0L's. What broke on this particular one anyway?

JeffH454

Take a look at Kill Devil Diesel and Asheville engine and machine, thy both have good reputations for rebuilt 6.0L's. What broke on this particular one anyway?
Too big a tune/injectors…high EGT‘s during a heavy pull.. burnt piston and broke rod .

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.