• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wyatt.. driving impressoins, feedback or something ?!!!

P

If its free, its P
Man whats the goods on the buggy. What did you think, how did it work, were/are you pleased with said performance.

Inquiring minds wanna know :flipoff1:

FAWK YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, my webwheeler status was revoked over the weekend.
I still have a raging hard-on!

If you discount the fact that I'm a non-driver, and the fact that I was on 37"s, and the fact that I had zero seat time in said vehicle it did awesome.
I suck as a driver, but luckily the buggy makes up for all of that. A little seat time, and I'll be on the practice squad or maybe even B-team.

I went everywhere the guys on 44's went and even a few places they couldn't fit.
Ben kept wanting me to run highside so I kept trying it, but that was just working the tranny too hard. In low side I was nearly unstoppable. Superior throttle response, and that bitch responds. Turns tight, and you can put it wherever you want. I did a badass front dig out of a ditch, I hope it made video cause it felt freaking awesome.

I did get denied on one last hill, but I was cool with it though. Kelly & Ben, both had very violent rolls on it, and Heath backed off a bad bad line,
and had a 15ft undercut to drop off of, and it popped a tire when he landed.
So I got denied....I didn't roll, and didn't break....so I win.
Kelly finally made it, but at the expense of a near new 44" TSL (you could double fist the hole).
Since he broke the hill he got to name it "Rolsmobile Hill".

I didn't take but that one picture. And yeah thats no photoshop, BigBootyJudy makes my buggy look like the anorexic Olsen twin.
Camara was in my pocket the rest of the day. Ben told me last night that Trevor took over 6 rolls of film and already had them developed. I'm going to try to get copies made and either scan them, or get Wallyworld to put the reprints on a CD.

I definately need to mod a few things already. Yep, the drive by wire pedal is way to close to the brake at about the halfway mark where the pedal jogs over to right next to it. I made a full throttle decent of the above said hill thinking my throttle was stuck, but it was my left foot holding down the brake pedal and my left toe holding down the accelerator. I realized what it was just as I hit the flat, and I let out. People were cheering, and Kelly was looking at me like "WTF, DUDE?" I just started laughing, put it back in gear and hit it again!

buggy did amazing. only flaw is the low low gearing. that's why high side was suggested. with some seat time it will be the only thing around that goes like that. It will not outdo some of the big money rigs we see on runs (Jimbo with 100+K) but it is amazing.

I am assuming that Jim as well. Now if I can just learn to drive, that would be a very flattering comment.

yeah, him. I was saying that it will be the hottest thing around any of us. when it comes to crazy money rigs it will not outshine, but it is of a different caliber than I am used to wheeling with (powerful AND light, we don't have the second one around here) :spin:

I say you should change yourself to the buggy...not the other way around. Learn to drive it like it is. Keep the 37's. Hell, on the SE trails, tire size is not the deal....

Learn it like it is.....change throttles, tires and rear steer later........

Congrats on the nice buggy...................

As for big engines.....Pfft....who needs em? :flipgotcha:

Nolen, The only change I'm going to make is move my throttle peddle right a half inch, and swap to 40's.
I plan on learning the buggy in that config before adding the rearsteer back on it. The nice thing is, I don't have any cost to going rearsteer as I have everything to put it back on the buggy. 37's are just too small for my liking.

Oh yeah, and paint it.

nolen, the buggy had 40's on it all its life up until he was going to sell it, then it got the 37's. it is all chromo with all chromo spares in teh travel box that came with it, so he's good to go to 40's anyway. going out one day and bolting rear steer on will be cool :spin: everything is there, just taken off to run a lower class. that is the fuggin way to do it. plumbing and setting **** up sucks :flipgotcha: