• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

X-Terrains vs. Snow

i ran them on one of my tacos and liked them better then most MT's that i have ran. pretty good all around tire thet will see street duty. my $.02

Last edited:
I had them on my Suburban, and they were ok, not great. But part of that might have been being close to 7000lbs and going downhill kept putting me into the snobank.

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!

Worst tire I have run on any of my rigs, and pissed me off in the snow. It was a heavy rig, but I have had way more luck with all of the others. Wet pavement = sucked, dry pavement = noisey and actually "wobbled" at slow speeds. They did "ok" in mud, but the mud you go through in a 7300 lbs diesel isn't exactly extreme anyways. Only thing I have heard they were good at were rocks, and my truck won't ever see rocks.

How are they in the differant types of snow? RubyDoo's are siped, better worse?

Need opinions please.

Shoulda gone KM2's!:fawkdancesmiley: J/K!! I don't have a response for your request--I can say I liked my 315/75r16 Radial Claws (similar) on my old tow rig---did quite well, except I did get sucked into the ditch on descents in the hills, uphills were great!!!:D ...otherwise happy...:awesomework:

Mine seem to work pretty good. Only had em on one snow run though. Pretty dense snow, fresh pack from the day before the run. I was getting around better than same diameter MTR's, as well as 35" Mickey T MTZ's.

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!

Worst tire I have run on any of my rigs, and pissed me off in the snow. It was a heavy rig, but I have had way more luck with all of the others. Wet pavement = sucked, dry pavement = noisey and actually "wobbled" at slow speeds. They did "ok" in mud, but the mud you go through in a 7300 lbs diesel isn't exactly extreme anyways. Only thing I have heard they were good at were rocks, and my truck won't ever see rocks.

They did work well in Moab. But a lot of stuff does. People look at you funny when you wheel a Suburban that you drove down to haul booth stuff for. :D

I have them, and they are grooved, and they are ****ing great tires in the snow. You have to run them at around 4-6psi, and last winter I had no problems going anywhere that I wanted, and I mostly wheeled w/ guys w/ 39.5 and 42" Iroks.

I did wheel w/ them one time in snow at about 15psi and not grooved, and I was not impressed.

my buddy ran them for a few years and they suck until they are grooved/cut. run them at 3-6psi and have fun. my buddie cut out about every other center lug and groved the outers

you can kind of see how mine are grooved here...

DSCN9404.JPG