• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

X

Re: Clayton and everything about this weekend, PART DEUX

We are rolling out Thrus night and driving through, should be in Clayton by 9am Friday. If you are arriving late, call the A&A and let them know when you will get there. They will leave a key or leave your room open, because they close early.

From Jim Alexander (Trail Guide)

Hey, this sounds like a great group!!!

Might want to bring some spare shafts and ujoints for the 60's, we usually brake a few......I remember back when Nolen broke a outer driver and we repaired on the trail, went 30 yards and Nolen broke the passenger outer....had to strap him down 3 water falls to get him out and back to camp.

Might want to bring a few spares for the dana 44, also.

If we bring enough rain gear, that should assure us that we won't have rain, so bring plenty.

Ed and I are coming up Saturday morning and we don't have a place to stay yet, so we will look for a canceled room or camp out.

If you get in Friday afternoon, it would be good to get all signed up at the fairground/headquarters and we will be that much ahead of the game......Ed and I know everyone so we can whiz thru registration in nothing flat.

Ed and I were talking and discussed that we keep the group moving.....if someone brakes down, and it is fixable, one or two guys can stay back to help while the rest of the group keep wheelin, and the broken rig can catch up. If a breakdown is catastrophic, then someone can help extricate the rig or, they can park the rig and we will come back at the end of the day and get everyone out....in any case we will absolutely get the broken rig out, but with you guys making this big a trip, it only makes since to get as much wheelin in as possible.

In any case, Ed and I will tailor the trip to what works best for you guys, just let us know.

There is lots of wheelin that the rain won't bother us much, in that it will be true rock crawlin, but we will throw in a couple of trails that have a mixture of a little dirt and lots of rock.

Anyway's, we are looking forward to a great time and a lot of fun!!!

Jim Alexander

We will be rolling out of Jackson at 7:00 am on Friday morning. We should be there around 3 pm.

On a side note, Jim emailed me back and said Ed Westerbeck will be getting to the A & A around noon on Friday now. If you guys want to go ahead get with him and hit some trails look for him. Matt, I know you remember him and his rig.

bigsilly said:
We will be rolling out of Jackson at 7:00 am on Friday morning. We should be there around 3 pm.

On a side note, Jim emailed me back and said Ed Westerbeck will be getting to the A & A around noon on Friday now. If you guys want to go ahead get with him and hit some trails look for him. Matt, I know you remember him and his rig.

Joel, can you tell Ed via Jim that we will be at the A&A when he arrives and would love to get some riding in. We should be there by 9am at the absolute latest, then we crash, wake up and register and go riding after lunch. We will see you guys around dark for dinner at the A&A, if we don't see you on the trals.

Oh yeah, who has a D44?

Two numbers for them:
(918) 569-4101
(918) 569-4103

I also attached the registration form if anyone needs it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

BamaTJ said:
Joel, can you tell Ed via Jim that we will be at the A&A when he arrives and would love to get some riding in. We should be there by 9am at the absolute latest, then we crash, wake up and register and go riding after lunch. We will see you guys around dark for dinner at the A&A, if we don't see you on the trals.

Oh yeah, who has a D44?
Yes, I will pass a message along to Jim.

Joe Bennett has the Dana 44's on 39.5 Iroks. Talked to him earlier and he is in the bed sick and sounded horrible. Not sure if he will make it now. He was leaving thursday and was planning to ride some friday also.

Talked to Jim and he said Ed knows and to look for him. Matt I know you remember it is a FJ40 on 42's. Got some flames on the hood and a shitbox top for it.

Yeah I remember Ed I will look for him but if nothing else I can show us around. Thanks for getting the BlackSheep involved Joel, they are an awesome bunch.

Latest posts