• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yamaha Rhino front axle

yourhero

I just bought a 2005 Rhino and the left front axle was broke. I tore it apart and ordered a stock axle and went to install it and it is an inch and a half shorter than the one that came out of it. so I really got to checking and this thing has a +2+1 lift kit which is 2in wider per side and 1in lift. I cant seem to find where to buy a replacement axle. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Super Atv sold me a stock axle and told me it would work but they are to short so now I gotta send it back. Gorillas are too expensive. I found out what kit it is but they only sell you the center shaft and I need the inner joint.

I use to be big into a forum called mud in my blood and there was a company out in Texas I think called cobra axle that people talked highly about. But it's been a few years since I've kept up with all that stuff

Sent from the mans IPhone.

If you shaft is good check on eBay for the inner joint. Should change out pretty easy. I bought 4new axles for my 04 last year from a dealer on eBay. The axles were 600-700 for all 4. I think I ordered for an 06 or 07 due to large axle and stub retaining nut sizes.

It's the inner joint that's bad so I'll look on eBay and see. I've already bought a Rhino brand axle and would take it apart but I believe it has a bigger shaft so I think I gotta have a stock axle. Thanks for the info

I talked to two different people at super atv and neither one had a clue. They told me they didn't know if the inner joint splines where the center shaft goes in are the same or not. The Rhino axle shaft is larger in diameter but I gotta take the boot off to see if it necks down where it goes in the inner cv but I doubt it. They did say if I tried it I would still get my refund up to 60 days.

Re: Re: Yamaha Rhino front axle

I have a whole bunch of rhino junk laying around .. might have a couple inner joints

Re: Re: Yamaha Rhino front axle

Memphrica tn .. I will have to look and see what I can find Ive got quiet a few cvs laying around I dont need

On my new axles I have replaced 1 boot and best I remember the splines were the same size. The old axle had a neck down area and the new is straight from spline to spline. The new stubs were a little thicker and slightly larger than the old stubs at the cup. Good luck on getting it fixed.