• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yamaha Rhino issues

Rockwells607

I'm at the end of my rope with this thing . I'm still having the reverse issues with it . Originally the issue started where only in reverse the rev limiter ( I think ) kicks on around 2k rpms. It was driveable then. It's progressed now and seems to come on as soon as you put I in reverse and give it any gas . It starts backfiring and popping and bucking . Things I've done : I swapped an after market cdi box in , didn't fix it , I've also grounded the reverse switch wire that I keep reading about which makes the "R" light Go off at all times which supposedly tells the computer there's no reverse so there's no rev limiter . It didint work. It only does this in reverse . What Am I missing ????

Re: Yamaha Rhino issues

You got broken motor mounts?

What year is it?

Had anyone watch what the motor does when you load up in reverse?

Pull the reverse sensor off the gearbox or wherever it is and try again ?

I'm with enzo. I don't think it has to see a reverse signal. Pop the linkage off and manually put it in reverse and see what happens.

mine is an 04 or 05 and it was having reverse issues, we adjusted the shifter and it helped some , it wasn't a rev limiter type issue though, just wouldn't pull

the reverse light does stay on for quite a while after shifting into another gear though, doesn't seem to affect anything so I don't really worry about it

Just a random, possibly related possibly not, do the reverse gears in the transmission give trouble? I maybe thinking of a totally different sxs but thought there were reverse issues in some rhino transmissions that ended being gear related.

Once you do find the issue lets us know what fixed it. I have 2 rhinos that the kids and I play on and I try to fix everything myself.

I tried unhooking linkage, makes no difference , took the sensor out made no difference , I unhooked the ebrake and that did nothing . I'm stumped . The light on the dash works which makes me think the wires are fine . Idk I'm lost

May be a dumb thought. Checked coil wires, in and out? Just shooting in the wind.

Latest posts