• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

yj axle swap...

dove'd85

so this weekend at the rocks my buddies 30 decided to break a shaft half way up a hill:looser:

long story short i am trying to find him some better axles at a good price, i am thinking 44 front/44 or 60 rear

does anyone no if any of the cherokee 44's will bolt up to his yj with little to no fab work?

we made it half way home and the wheel fell off luckly we were in the safe way parking lot... ****ed up his unit bearing but we were able to put it back together with the outer stub shaft this time and make it home with no problems... by the time be replaces two shaft and a unit bearing he could buy a 44

all usefull info is much appriciated:beer:

so this weekend at the rocks my buddies 30 decided to break a shaft half way up a hill:looser:

long story short i am trying to find him some better axles at a good price, i am thinking 44 front/44 or 60 rear

does anyone no if any of the cherokee 44's will bolt up to his yj with little to no fab work?

we made it half way home and the wheel fell off luckly we were in the safe way parking lot... ****ed up his unit bearing but we were able to put it back together with the outer stub shaft this time and make it home with no problems... by the time be replaces two shaft and a unit bearing he could buy a 44

all usefull info is much appriciated:beer:

waggy front toy rear (if 6 lug is wanted) or a waggy front with ford outers and a ________ 5 lug rear end.

waggy front toy rear (if 6 lug is wanted) or a waggy front with ford outers and a ________ 5 lug rear end.

any idea how wide a waggy 44 is wms? a 5 lug 60 would be nice or maybe a 9 in.. for the right price never thought about a 9in:eeek:

Hi All:

That is a sweet deal, but how can this 9 inch axle have 4.56 gears but no "chunk" (aka center section, third member, etc.?)

Oh, and are you sure it is a front axle?? I don't remember any factory application 9 inch frontends.

Regards,

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------
thanks for the links... found a 9in all set up with no chunk and 4.56's/disk brakes for 175:awesomework:

Hi All:

That is a sweet deal, but how can this 9 inch axle have 4.56 gears but no "chunk" (aka center section, third member, etc.?)

Oh, and are you sure it is a front axle?? I don't remember any factory application 9 inch frontends.

Regards,

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------

the 9in is a rear axle and it comes with gears but no center section...

for the waggy axle, someone makes a weld on truss to bolt up to xj,mj,tj front suspension...an waggy axle is 60 in, u could also look at a rear dana 44 out of a honda passport, they come set up with disks stock, an r pretty easy to find at a junkyard, or if ya find a newer waggy, like 87-91 i think, they came with dana 44's front an rear (i think?) o an real rigs run 6 lug:awesomework::fawkdancesmiley:

for the waggy axle, someone makes a weld on truss to bolt up to xj,mj,tj front suspension...an waggy axle is 60 in, u could also look at a rear dana 44 out of a honda passport, they come set up with disks stock, an r pretty easy to find at a junkyard, or if ya find a newer waggy, like 87-91 i think, they came with dana 44's front an rear (i think?) o an real rigs run 6 lug:awesomework::fawkdancesmiley:

great info thanks bud:awesomework: this is a yj though so i doubt that truss kit will do anything for his leaf sprung rig:eeek:

oh and real rigs run 8 lug:kissmyass:

I have a D60 rear and D44 front (RH drop) from a J20 that will be pulled soon (unless someone buys the whole truck for $400 without drivetrain and rear bumper)

find some 78/79 bronco stuff and just make spring perches.

HP44 front drives drop, needs perches
9" rear with leaf springs, needs perches relocated.

find some 78/79 bronco stuff and just make spring perches.

HP44 front drives drop, needs perches
9" rear with leaf springs, needs perches relocated.

thanks hip, actually the 9in i found in soa and came out of a yj

any idea how wide a front hp44 out of a 78/79 bronco is?

83ish waggy front is a direct bolt in for a yj. Rear either a ifs yota or a later model isuzu rodeo dana 44 or an older waggy 6 lug 44.

he already have tr beadlocks on a 5x4.5 pattern so the last thing he wants to do it swap it all out for six lug

basically we have a rear axle and are looking for a front,

the 9in is 65 in wms to wms. any idea what the stock yj is?

any idea how wide a front hp44 out of a 78/79 bronco is?
wider than stock but you can fix it with offset rims since he will most likely have to dump that small pattern...as no real axels i know of have it?:fawkdancesmiley:

Latest posts