• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

yj axle swap...

Get a RH drop waggy, this http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43472 and a Waggy rear and you're good to go.

I'm glad you got it able to tow. It looked sad it the Micky D's lot.

:eeek:.. guessing you were the one towing that bad ass jeep:corn: thanks for the input:beer:

he's lucky it broke were it did and not on the highway:rolleyes:

ya we pulled it apart right there put the unit bearing back together, put the stub staft back in. made it home just fine:awesomework:

funny you linked that i was just looking at that for my chevota, will a dana 300 fit on the back of his jeep trans with out an adapter?

Last edited:
Yeah, that was me with the orange Jeep on the trailer.

The Dana 300 will bolt up directly to a AX15(6 cyl) without an adapter but it will require a clocking ring (about $100 from Novak). While it can be bolted up without a ring, the position is wrong and the ring will allow you to use a decent location.

Yeah, that was me with the orange Jeep on the trailer.

The Dana 300 will bolt up directly to a AX15(6 cyl) without an adapter but it will require a clocking ring (about $100 from Novak). While it can be bolted up without a ring, the position is wrong and the ring will allow you to use a decent location.

he is running a manual behind a 2.5

The 2.5 motor USUALLY uses a 21 spline output where the 6cyl has 23 splines. It adds more money but the 23 spline unit is cheap and easy to find.

is the 6cyl tranny the same length as the 4cyl trans and will it bolt up to his 4cyl, is there a number i can pull off the trans to see what the spline count is on the output shaft with out pulling the tcase

I don't know where're you'll find the number but the serial number should be able to tell you the spline count if you were to call a trans supply house. The 2 trannys will interchange. I don't know of any differences that would case any problems. From everything I've seen they are interchangable.

A buddy just did the swap and didn't change the b-housing. I'll check with him to confirm.