• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ back 1/2 & FO link..

sledneck

This old beater got dropped off awhile back. I was only working on it for 2-3 hours before work here and there and we had about 5 good Saturday's on this build. The goal was to get rid of the wheel hop, it already had a anti wrap bar but it still bounced pretty good when he was really beating on it. The soloution was easy..... Cut it all off and 4 link it and hope like hell someone knows what there doing.

Here she is in all her dirty glory.

Off with the old junk.

We used a saw with a metal blade to cut all the new material.

Next up was to make it fit inside the stock the frame. We used a sander for this lol.

Next up was to get a idea of how the hell we were gonna make any of this work. Soooo we jumped right into it, making some body mounts that would actually work, hell we even put them together the right way when all was said and done.

No one new how to weld so I googled the **** out it and watched utube vids for a bunch of days straight over Christmas. This is the bottom.

Top side, I figured no one would ever see it so I didnt care what it looked like.

Small tie in's hopefully this will keep the bumper from falling off.

Next up was the actual bumper. The owner wanted 4" drill casing with concrete ends to impress the ladies at yankee lake, but we didn't have anything that cool laying around. So we used some 1.75"x.188 wall with 1" standoff's. (anyone know what all the cool numbers mean?) I seen it on 4x4 site and thought it sounded good so we went with. We also stopped off at the HF sidewalk sale to pick up one of them fancy welders that could shoot out dimes.... Let me tell you it was a POS, hell all it did was stick stuff together so we took it back and got are coupons back.

See if you guys can figure out the trickery in this photo.

Frame side upper c/a mount.

Lower c/a mounts frame side and the heavy duty dana 35 axle mounts.

This is the axle bridge for the upper c/a mounts. Pay no attention to the weak 14 bolt cover. Its all dana 35 c-clip hardcoreness inside.

It was near the Christmas holiday so we made some candy dishes for the gift exchange.. If you would like to order some we may build these for select forum members but there gonna cost you!!!

Also made up thisfancy picture holder for a good customer for the holiday Christmas party..

Lower c/a are made from 2" square. C.H.E square tube adapters. For ease of trying to keep bent n twisted as straight as possible,and have 1 less thing to F with we only made them adjustable on the frame side.

Coil spring pads. Check out the huge brakes on that Dana 35.

Caution!!!! Welders anti spatter can cause cancer in Cali.. So if your out there dont use it! This contraption is the shock hoop/cage tie in/rear body mount. Dont try this at home kids.

Its a x-mas miracle this thing is all 1 piece.

The entire rear section ready to get powdercoated.

We didn't get many pics today, someone actually wanted to take there Jeep home so there was no messing around In no particular order, parts coming out of the oven and onto the heep.

There's light at the end of the tunnel now.

No one could believe it, this damn thing actually fits.

Slicker than snail snot. It's all together. Those that are creepin for details the 2 stubout's will be for a cover flange to tie everything together.

With a bunch of good luck we even got it to sit level.

And this wouldnt be a build thread without a flex shot like all the cool guys.

And one last Christmas gift for the owner. This is his son Logan and my partner in crime and **** talking... HAPPY NEW YEAR ya'll
Just another D44 diff cover???

HELL NO...

Peace n chicken grease..

Thanks for the not so kind words lol. We don't do much off road stuff so I never have the opportunity to post projects. Maybe we need a car section instead of the sex and specs thread..

Latest posts