• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yj front axle options

Rockwells all the way! You can build a set of rocks cheaper than a front 60 any day. If you want a 60 to hold up to big block power, 35 spline stubs at the least. ($600-$700 for a kit) In addition to all the gears,lockers and such. Rocks have 6.72's in stock form, linloln lock em and rock em! But that's just my opinion. Good luck

417chevy said:
I was thinking probably 500-600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish you luck. The 78-79 ford D60 in a ragged out state that needs everything will run you 1200 easy. I sold one for 1400 a few years ago that was bone stock. Later models still run a grand plus.

Well I've found a rear 2 1/2 rock for $150 and a rear 5 ton for $250 found one front rock for $1500 I think I found a 79 f350 have to call tomorrow and see if it's 4x4 so we will see about that

I was going to say I had a set of d44s that would work. Then you said big v8 and 40s...

Re: Re: Re: Yj front axle options

DCXterra said:
Just throw a dana 60 under it and run it, chevy should swap right under with the stock spring perch width, if not, 4 link it

****!!! That is beautiful

Any easy way to tell heavy chassis f250 don't want to have to drive 3 hours to find out

417chevy said:
Any easy way to tell heavy chassis f250 don't want to have to drive 3 hours to find out

Snowfighter F250 has a D60, the others are D44, get him to send pictures of the front axle

Also I was talkin to a buddy of mine the other day granted he was drunk but he said I could get by with a 75-77 hp 44 and rcvs any input?

417chevy said:
Also I was talkin to a buddy of mine the other day granted he was drunk but he said I could get by with a 75-77 hp 44 and rcvs any input?

Not with lots of horsepower, but yea a hp 44 with rcv's is pretty stout, but then you are in it for more than a 60 is anyway, but with small ball joints and smaller ring gear.

nhl_bullitt said:
Not with lots of horsepower, but yea a hp 44 with rcv's is pretty stout, but then you are in it for more than a 60 is anyway, but with small ball joints and smaller ring gear.
True but I can get those 44s for about $300 rcvs $800 I'm guessing maybe wrong haven't looked (are they life time)? So $1100 my question is how strong are 60 shafts? Would I have to buy rcvs or could I get by with stock and how weak are the ring gears on the 44s what ratio is the strongest for both

I use to run a hp44 with rcv's with a stock 4.0l and twisted splines and busted a bell with 37's. They replaced it all for free but no way would I run them with your setup. Also replaced ball joints at least once a year.

Saw a 79 F350 D60 Kingpin in stock form with 4.10s in it on the Book of faces yesterday for $900... Around Tulsa tho...probably a bit of a hike for most of the folks on this page.

joho75287 said:
Saw a 79 F350 D60 Kingpin in stock form with 4.10s in it on the Book of faces yesterday for $900... Around Tulsa tho...probably a bit of a hike for most of the folks on this page.
**** pretty close to me about 2 1/2 hours but I don't have a face book

417chevy - Where you at?? I'm in North TX - Sherman/Denison area... Just curious - always looking for fellow Hardliners to wheel with.

joho75287 said:
417chevy - Where you at?? I'm in North TX - Sherman/Denison area... Just curious - always looking for fellow Hardliners to wheel with.
South west missouri