• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yj front axle options

b6cedf672b885a2b3c15370043d0afdc.jpg

Sorry no phone # to post I guess he is just expecting a FB msg....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

al1tonyota said:
No doubt anybody that doesn't see that hasn't seen enough axles! Haha

Ok. Guess I fit in that group. I swear from the position of the steering arms, it looks like a pass drop though. :dunno:

I see it now. We need a :homer: or :dumbass: smiley. :****:

The bottom bearing cap has a 4 bolts and high steer arms are 4 bolt too. That may be what is throwing some people off.

No harm I'm wrong more then I would like. With that I think I would go rocks with that motor or build a hell of a 60. $$$

Ok so I found a set of 5 ton rocks for $1200 question is how well do rockwells do with leaf springs?

417chevy said:
Ok so I found a set of 5 ton rocks for $1200 question is how well do rockwells do with leaf springs?

Unless you have 700+ hp you don't need 5 ton rocks

GT_Buggy said:
Unless you have 700+ hp you don't need 5 ton rocks

Not answering my question but it's good deal on them and I'm tired of looking for a 60 when I can buy a pair of 5tons for cheaper

417chevy said:
Not answering my question but it's good deal on them and I'm tired of looking for a 60 when I can buy a pair of 5tons for cheaper

Will work great with leafs. The military truck they came off of were most likely on leafs. Look up the weight of the 5 tons. It's quite significant comparatively to a 60.

The whole weight thing has been going on forever. Some times you have to give up lite weight for a little extra strength. Besides by the time you add a truss, high steer arms, a diff cover and premium gold napa brake pads the 5 tons can't be but about twice the weight.

Eddyj said:
The whole weight thing has been going on forever. Some times you have to give up lite weight for a little extra strength. Besides by the time you add a truss, high steer arms, a diff cover and premium gold napa brake pads the 5 tons can't be but about twice the weight.

True. 5 tons will work great. The only reason more people don't run them is because they are pretty rare.