• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ front leaf spring set up??

TKnight

Over the weekend I went on my first wheeling trip with my new, to me rig it's a 91 YJ 60s front and rear, 40" treps, 350 tbi motor. One of the obstacles I pulled up on flexed the front out pretty good and the shackle inverted, leaving the leaf spring with 90 degree bends on either end. Curious as to what everyone is running for leafs in the front of their yjs with similar to mine? TIA for everyone's input!

Build anti-reverse shackles:

JTshackle.jpg

The third bolt prevents them from reversing by hitting the chassis before they pass the vertical angle.

I'm running RE 1.5" SOA springs on the front of mine with stock length shackles. It works well and has held up pretty good.

Bebop said:

JTshackle.jpg

The third bolt prevents them from reversing by hitting the chassis before they pass the vertical angle.

THIS

Shackle reversal sux IMHO for a short wheelbase rig

Fwiw I'm running RE 4.5" extreme duty springs and LOVE em

BDS military wrap springs. I used them for years with no issues. They are stiff at first but they soften up. you can also use Rubicon Express SOA military wrapped leafs if you are SOA. I had a front 60, rear 60 with a V8. :woot:

Re:

Stock Waggy main leafs with a cut down XJ rear main leaf added for a single ended military wrap 2nd leaf.
Shackles like shown above & beat the hell out of it

Looks like a winner as far as shackles. Still undecided with leafs, I've heard of some running chevy 63's front which stretches 4" and SUA in the rear with xj springs. Anybody Heard Of This setup?
Bebop said:

JTshackle.jpg