Y'all opinion , got a 84 yota with 22r on pane and single
Tcase with 4.7 gears, well I went from 35 to 39.5 and am
Definitely noticing a difference in gear options now,
Plans are for 5.29 and second case, which would u think
Would be better to turn these bmf's , I like skinny pedal, I know
It's not a big block chevy but now 3rd is outa the question, and
High range makes me the most awsome choke artist ever on the
Trail, ur opinion please

If you're not driving on the street, just keep the 4.10 gears in the diffs.

You can cruise around up to about 40mph with the stock geared front case in low.

I'd upgrade the rear case input to 23 spline when you put the doubler in.

Go with duals and you'll be using single low on the range box as your new high range. I have 4.10s and 36's and never use high range. With duals and a 4.7 case, you should be geared low enough to not have to go to 5.29's.

I agree if u put 5:29s in the axles all u are doing is makin a weak link keep the 4:10 if u break those there a dime a dozen and dual them cases up I ran 39.5 with 4:88 and could smoke them sucker off it

Mine is 4.10 f&r 4.7 single case 39.5s has plenty of wheel speed in 2nd who needs 3rd when ur crawling IMO sell it and build a bouncer with sum woo pow if ye need wheel speed lol

I run a doubler with stock gears and I love it . I have a new set of 4.7' but I don't think I would like both a doubler and 4.7s a doubler gives you a 2.28 mid range and a 5.2 low range that is more than enough for me with 42 I climb everything in 2nd!! only use 1st to crawl.. just my opinion .. either 4.7 and diff gears OR doubler and stock! Doubler and stock is far cheaper and I like the range choices!

billstoy said:
I run a doubler with stock gears and I love it . I have a new set of 4.7' but I don't think I would like both a doubler and 4.7s a doubler gives you a 2.28 mid range and a 5.2 low range that is more than enough for me with 42 I climb everything in 2nd!! only use 1st to crawl.. just my opinion .. either 4.7 and diff gears OR doubler and stock! Doubler and stock is far cheaper and I like the range choices!

Doubler with stock gears is a good setup, never seen a broke input with stock gears in both cases (with a 4cyl).

Duals with 4.7 rear gears are nice when you get into HUGE rocks and are running 38+" tires with stock gears

i run doubled stock cases with 5.29s in the diffs, turning 36s and really like it.. mine is a street/trail rig so the gear and tire combo works out pretty close to stock and does really well pulling high range :****: IMO a doubler is the only way to go just because of the broader gear range thumb.gif and with that many choices, there is always a gear that will get you where you wanna go

^^^ Thanks for that input. I was wondering what mine would do with lower gears in the axles. My high range is useless now, but I don't ever drive on the street really.

buddy of mine runs 39.5 cut boggers on his yota and had to go back to 4.10 gears because he kept busting 5.29s... he has a doubler with a low range in the rear case, he just leaves the front case in low and goes to the doubler when things get ugly

grcthird said:
^^^ Thanks for that input. I was wondering what mine would do with lower gears in the axles. My high range is useless now, but I don't ever drive on the street really.

there are too many good riding spots around the house and no where to park a truck and trailer, thats why its still halfway streetable... suspension is too soft to run highway speeds but i can run with traffic around town no problem :driving:

The 23 spline input will break. With the 4.7 you will blow the case. :****: I had stock duals and 5.29s. I had to go to a taco rear and v6 front chunk with a longfield output in the back case but axleshafts and housings become weak link at that point.

Latest posts