• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yota people

The Luke

Preapology if this is lengthy, I'm looking for opinions on a deal I have in the works. Deal: Trading my 93 integra for a 96 4runner sr5(v6, auto, 4x4). Background: I swapped a motor in my car a while back, replaced every belt, hose, axle shaft, etc... I know it's reliable.

The 4runner is off of craigslist, I've been talking to dude for about a week, he seems pretty straight forward. Willing to meet halfway for me to check it out, he lives in bowling green,ky, I live in Nashville. The 4runner has 196k, and the motor "stutters when given more than half throttle". It's tripping codes for ignition and egr.

I know it could be just an egr valve or something easy like that, but just wondering if I should even bother with this. Since it has the 3.0 and all that. I don't have a ton of experience with yota's. Any opinions/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :fish:

I bough a 3.0 v6 pickup but a old man had it never had a problem outa of it turn it into a crawler beat the **** out of it pulled motor sold it with 220,000 miles there are good ones and bad ones but with a auto they dnt have enough power i wouldnt trade also if u decide to id replace timming belt or see recipts were its been done

a 96 4runner SHOULD be "Tacoma" based.

Does it look like this?
4run_cornf_96_02.jpg

or this?:
92-95_Toyota_4Runner.jpg

Re: Re: Yota people

My fault. I meant 95. Here it is. Also, I spoke with the owner again, he couldn't remember, but was fairly certain that it had codes 14 and 75 tripped.
dy7avaqa.jpg

I'd pass.

Those 4runners, even when running in tip top shape, are underpowered pigs that barely get double digit fuel mileage. Plus they are HEAVY for a trailrig.

What would your intended use be for the rig?

TBItoy said:
I'd pass.

Those 4runners, even when running in tip top shape, are underpowered pigs that barely get double digit fuel mileage. Plus they are HEAVY for a trailrig.

What would your intended use be for the rig?

I'm not 100% positive, but I'd say DD mostly with some mild exploring/camping if I had to guess.

ridered3 said:
I'm not 100% positive, but I'd say DD mostly with some mild exploring/camping if I had to guess.

Meh, doesnt' really matter.

It will pretty much be shitty for any intended use.

The only "good" part of a 3.0v6 auto trans 4runner is the rear 3rd member.

Then the rest is pretty much worth 1.20/lb (or whatever current scrap prices are)

Re: Re: Yota people

Yea, ridered is correct. Back on the hunt for an older 22re p/u or horunner. 'preciate the help guys!

I love my 85 xcab truck, but if I had it to do over, I'd find a first gen horunner. I've always like the way the roof is removable for all the :drinkers: and flashemifyougotem to climb in and out of the back. thumb.gif

grcthird said:
I love my 85 xcab truck, but if I had it to do over, I'd find a first gen horunner. I've always like the way the roof is removable for all the :drinkers: and flashemifyougotem to climb in and out of the back. thumb.gif
Oh yes sir!!

Latest posts