• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yota SAS

Lucky Jeff

Anyone know if the SAS kits for the 4x4 IFS trucks will work on a 2wd truck? I know the frames are a little different in the front end so I'm not sure what I'd need different from the kits. :corn:

This is a 91 btw.

I did a SAS on a 91 2wd last fall. Some of it was easier than a 4wd but there are some other hurdles to overcome.

Some +s
The frame in the front curves up in the front like a 79-85 4wd, not flat like a ifs
There's a heck of a lot less junk to cut off
2wds are cheaper to buy, uh, that's it for the pluses.

Downfalls.
You will be swaping out the entire drivetrain. Tranny, tcase, rear axle ect.

2wd trans does not mount the same as a 4wd. 2wd uses a welded in crossmember that has to be removed. If you'r using a custom crossmember this will be no big deal.

The frames are thin. Not doubled up anywhere like a 4wd, have to add doubler plates to the steering box and anywhere else you want to mount anything.

It's more work than just SASing a 4wd but it can be done.

Im picking up a 93 4wd tomorrow that was laid on its side and has a knock in the engine. My 2wd has a straight body and runs great. Whatever I do to either has to be done in like a 10 day stretch over christmas. So Im just trying to figure out my best options.

If its easier to just have Crash build a crossmember.. I may just do that. If thats my biggest hurdle.

No, the guy was a total ****. Showed up to pick up the truck.. I told him he couldn't squeeze it between two trucks.. He tried anyways.. Caved in the hole side of the truck and wanted to give it to me that way :wtf: . I did a lawn job with my powerful yota and took off.. He had a bone stock dodge 12 valve so I knew he couldn't catch me.

Trevor said:
Jeff, quit working on Toyota's and go pull the motor out of your truck. :kissmyass:

Sincerely,
Neckster
lol.. I think I'm going to get yelled at on every thread I reply on. I'll pull it, but then the trucks going to be sitting for a loooong time.. I just have too much to do to it..

Lucky Jeff said:
lol.. I think I'm going to get yelled at on every thread I reply on. I'll pull it, but then the trucks going to be sitting for a loooong time.. I just have too much to do to it..

Its not even broke??? Take the head down and the oil cooler, Have it tested and put the damn thing back together. One thing that was cool is the stock 12 valve is still faster than your truck.:flipoff:

I'd like to replace the bearings.. I don't know what was in the oil pan.. But it was over full when this happened.. And when I checked it a couple weeks before.. it was between add and full.. So something that wasn't supposed to be in the pan, was.

So do the diesel guys here need to have a work party at your house and help you pull the thing apart? What all are you doing to it while it is down? I know you have the tranny out also, so are you doing tranny work as well? What about the motor? You wanting to do some upgrades to it while it is out?