• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Youth Cone Dodging

LightBnDr

As my daughter and I are wheeling together the other day I say to her "What if we started a youth rock crawling circuit?" She said F*** yeah dad. No she didn't, she said yeah I'm in. Lol

Anyway, I'm just curious how many parents on here would actually show up with a kiddo, put them in their rig and run a small age appropriate timed course?

Whether it be cone dodging, which I like because it's slow paced and technical, less dangerous. Or an obstacle course, or even both.

You think there would be interest and drive to make an 8 race series or something??!

Curious. Ready go

I think it's a cool idea, I don't have kids so i'm out but if it helps get younger kids in the sport then i'm for it. Who was that girl that had the little buggy that was walking all over morris mtn back a few years ago?? I remember Cole or Matt posting a video of them going up destabilizer I think.

A local buddies 4 year old hangs with the best of us. Kid has no fear and will try anything I can only imagine him in something more capable.

jeeptj99 said:
I think it's a cool idea, I don't have kids so i'm out but if it helps get younger kids in the sport then i'm for it. Who was that girl that had the little buggy that was walking all over morris mtn back a few years ago?? I remember Cole or Matt posting a video of them going up destabilizer I think.

Allie

Re:

Mines a couple years out on it, but with a little bit of time, my boy would eat it up. He'd probably go full retard and be on his lid. But I am sure we will be in. He's got a 48 willys

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

Rokcrler said:
Awesome idea...I'm kidless so I'll have to find a rental...both kid and rig :(

Mo, I have the kid and the parts to build one! We just need to hurry up and finish mine so we can start on it. I might even know of a place to build one if we can find some room! :rolf:

Re:

5onrocks said:
Mo, I have the kid and the parts to build one! We just need to hurry up and finish mine so we can start on it. I might even know of a place to build one if we can find some room! :rolf:

Whatcha doing to yours ? :popcorn:

xjcrawler said:
I'd put my 14 yr old son in it, but how would you do vehicle class structure?
That was my next question reading responses. Mine is 13 and would wheel my full size rig. Looks like a handful have younger than that and would build a youth size special rig.

So I would think what is posted below

Similar class and age group. That's where my initial thread question comes from though, are there really enough parents who would commit their child to a series or comp in each class?

You would definitely need to limit them to 4 cylinders and weight limits, the latter just to keep the rigs small.

Latest posts