• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

youth deer rifles

zukimaster said:
Start them out rite! 300 mag
Hell yea here is mine with the 50 lol he says he wants to but he isn't ready...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 97
Re: Re: Re: youth deer rifles

al1tonyota said:
My first was a Winchester model 94 30-30. I still have it and use it anytime I hunt where my longest shot is less than 100 yards.
X2
My grandpa let me use his Model 94 30/30 when I was 11 yrs old. I got an 8 point with it the next day. He said just hang on to the gun since I had such good luck with it.

Its been my favorite hunting rifle for 30 years now!

Marlin 30/30 was my first deer rifle. If I was buying one though I think I'd get a youth 243

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Started my kid out with a 270 with some light handloads and he did ok, but the youth model stocks did not fit him well. Switched to a AR with the adjustable stock then we could get it to fit just right and he became lethal with it using 60 grain nosler partitions

Remington model 7 in 7mm/08. Fits my son perfect.
Plus it's plenty of gun I use it when I have a long walk.
Plus it's only as long as my 4-wheeler is wide

85buggy said:
Remington model 7 in 7mm/08. Fits my son perfect.
Plus it's plenty of gun I use it when I have a long walk.
Plus it's only as long as my 4-wheeler is wide

I had mine in the truck this weekend for coyotes. Shot a bunch of deer with it when I was a kid.

I shoot a Remington 700 243 still to this day great gun shoot good and mines pretty light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with most of the post above, my first Deer rifle was Marlin 30-30, about 40 years later it still sits towards the front of the safe and gets used a fare amount. I do think what you buy should depend on the terrain you are hunting, 7-08 or 243 for most field hunting or open woods, but most of my woods hunting around here is pretty thick, the rifle I picked up for my Grandson for when he is big enough to carry a rifle is a Ruger Carbine in 44mag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

al1tonyota said:
My first was a Winchester model 94 30-30. I still have it and use it anytime I hunt where my longest shot is less than 100 yards.

I had a 30-30 and a 44 magnum lever action rifle that looked just like the 30-30. Killed my first deer with the 44 magnum rifle. :dblthumb:

my son is 8 and he has a cva youth hunter model in 7mm08 and a marlin 243, the 7mm08 fits him a lil better but has a little more recoil. I really like the cva because it single shot with a hammer just like a shot gun plus it has a safety. It also has open sites and scope mounts and wont break your wallet.

H&R Handi Rifle chambered in .243. Its a short stock rifle with a bull barrell. Best bang for your buck and is VERY accurate. (Single shot also for safety factor)

Killed my first buck at 15 with a 16g pump shotgun. :spin:

Not that I ever get to go anymore but when/if I do, I carry my dad's Winchester 30/30.

Started off with a shotgun and slugs. Moved on to a Remington woods master 742 30-06. I'm now shooting a howa 7mm

Latest posts