• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon super joints w/ Spicer shafts.

sledneck

OK OK I'm sure it's been talked about but I didn't find anything in my 5 min search. Is it worth running the super joints on 35 spline Spicer stuff or just put another Spicer joint in it? I'm not breaking shafts or joints now so part of me says F it put in the Spicer joint in and send the Yukon stuff back and buy a set of rcv's in a few months. I have 2 big trips planned in the next few weeks so that is also in the back of my head. I done want to travel 10 hours and be a trail plug.

If it's a matter of being a tad closer to springing for a set of RCV shafts then you have answered your own question IMO.

2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO
Next one is in the oven!

GONOVRIT said:
B-break a ujoint and possibly take out your inner and stub shaft at the same time?

This is what I always done when I ran spicer joints and stock shafts in my D44 in my old SAS'd Taco! It would blow the spicer joint apart and ruin both shafts! I put Yukon 4340 shafts in and Yukon Superjoints and never had a problem again. I know this isn't exactly your case, but I hate when I see people running chromoly shafts and spicer joints. Gonna spend money on good shafts, protect em with badass ujoints! Save money and hassle in the long run!

P.S. Just go get them RCV's now :****:

Re:

I talked to a guy that used stock axles and super joints, said he just picked the joints up out the mud and put them back in stock shafts lol!! I got inners outers and super joints from ECGS and havnt had any issues. Now if coin was stacked fairly close I would go ahead and RCV it though.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

I run 35 spline cromoly Yukon shafts and Super Joints in my Dana 60.. I haven't broken either with my 42 stickies. I'm not bouncing or anything but its worked fine for me...

Why rcv's when Yukon shafts and super joint=Lifetime warrenty? Don't get me wrong. That orange ball in he knuckles has been known to give me a small Boner .. But for half price and the same warranty, and the ass beating Jake B puts on them it seems to be wasted money for a poor **** like me... Just my take anyways.

Knock on wood....so far with my yukon shafts and 30$ greasable spicer joints. I'm no no bouncer, but i've had the front bound up a few times. Bound up so bad that if it broke I wouldn't be pissed.

I've kept them greased about once every 2 months or if we had a water/mud day on the trail. Been very pleased so far. This is in a D60. I'm also using full circle clips. Not sure if that helps, but figured they're better than the C-clips.

kushKrawlin said:
Why rcv's when Yukon shafts and super joint=Lifetime warrenty? Don't get me wrong. That orange ball in he knuckles has been known to give me a small Boner .. But for half price and the same warranty, and the ass beating Jake B puts on them it seems to be wasted money for a poor **** like me... Just my take anyways.
Not sure the price on Yukon shafts but looking on ecgs for there 4340 shafts and Yukon super joints it's roughly only another $600 for rcv's. I have seen my buddy beat the **** out of a Dana 44 with rcv's and 40s and never break. As for Yukon shafts..... Well let's just say I have broke my fair share of there shafts so I'm a little gun shy on there shafts. Anyone know who makes the ecgs stuff? If it wasn't for some last min unexpected expenses for our wedding this weekend I wouldn't even had made this post I would just buy the rcv's.

Rumor I heard was ecgs shafts are ten factory?

Personally I'd invest in some good chromo shafts and super joints. I don't feel my rig is worthy of an RCV. If I recall you've got 6 squirrels under the hood, as do I, and I haven't had a single issue with my ten factorys and supers. Bad thing about RCV is you have to pony up all at once. I ran factory inners for a year or so until I could afford to buy chromo's.

Latest posts