• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Yukon VS Nitro VS ?

Clark

I am in the market for a new ring and pinion and haven't thought much about manufacturers for atleast 5 years. I have Yukons now but I'm considering a switch to Nitro Gear and Axle. I'd like to get some user feedback about these 2 companies, or possibly others I've overlooked.

I'm running Dana 60 Reverse Rotation 5.38's in the rear.

High pinion in the rear are weak by design. Go with the cheapest, they are probably all made in India and reboxed in the US.

Sure it's weak by design, but it's held up great for 4 years, only noticed it when pulling apart for new axle seals. I'm not looking for the cheapest, just been hearing bad things about Randy's customer service, and want to see what options are out there.

I've been having great luck with g2 gears and Franz at 4WP in Tacoma's customer service has been awesome. If you stay with Yukon try buying from John Matthews so he can help get around Randy's poor service.

Randy's pricing has been going up and up and up service going down. Our long time salesl rep is gone and since then everything we get a new one there gone within a couple months. Just differentials has stopped by a few times to try and get some business, finally called and got pricing from both and jt was nearly half price. We are highly considering switching vendors but have had such great luck with yukon gears not making noise it's hard to change. People don't like noisy gear sets in thier quiet daily drivers. Anyone have any reviews on noise or anything else with the nitro stuff.

I just put Nitro gears in my Rubicon, they set up well and are quiet. Just finished a 3600 mile trip to colorado and utah, no problems.
These are my second set of Nitros, the other set is in my daughters jeep.

If you decide to continue using yukon's I'd recommend Wayne Hartwig at diffsonly.com. He's always got the best pricing and customer service is top notch. His pricing on the website is typical but if you PM him on pirate the pricing is always very good.

Clark, I've had great success with nitros toyota gears. If you end up going yukon their us gear is half price of the yukon sets and set up just as well. I'm not sure if motive is around still, but they were cheap and set up well. I'm not a fan of g2 anything never had good luck with their stuff. But yukon has a reverse cut comp gear that's pretty bad ass

I would go with Nitro hands down. Best customer service ever. The guys there are very knowledgeable and know what their talking about. Randy's use to be the go to place but their customer service and sales just suck. They are very proud of their product and you will pay for it too. Don't go to 4wp either, don't know about the Tacoma location, but the Lynnwood store is full of a bunch of chuckle heads that suck at their job. Just go to JT's and get Nitro gears. It's worth the drive to have your **** set up right, worry and hassle free. This is my opinion based on personal experience.

**** people are just now figuring out about randys what I have been saying for years!! :rolleyes:

I would not spend a dime in that **** hole. :kissmyass:

Just placed my order with Just Differentials. I guess as is typical, if this thread dies down and you never hear anything, that means they worked out great!!!

Latest posts