• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHOC- Woodsbuggy hill climb March 17

Kinda makes me wonder why I spend all this money on chromo front shafts, lockers, hi-steer, gears, t-case, driveshafts, etc. :)

J. J.

There is some awesome rides on this site,and I have really enjoyed looking through your forums.seen a lot great stuff and seems like all in all a great bunch of people.I love to watch you guys climb and play and know that in know way is a cheap hobby but one that you love to do that's why you do it.a lot of people are shocked when they get to see what real hill climbing buggies can do.it's always there's no way in hell that can climb that.but the right buggy with a good driver can go where just about nothing else will.been there done it.I would really like to come and ride with you guys and enjoy riding and abusing our machines,drink some cold beer and get a few of those holy **** did you see that moments,lol.I wanted to come down there so bad just to climb violator I had couldn't stand it.and if it's still there one day I will.but if any of you guys wants to come to WV and ride with me your more than welcome to.I can put you on some awesome trails and climbs,from easy to well we tried it stuff.but never under estimate a buggy cause they might just surprise you,you never know.thanks for inviting us down and putting up a challenge for us and thanks to the woodsbuggy group that represented us well,just wish I could have been there. So now some you stingy bastards need to post more vids cause I know you got them,lmao. Chad thumb.gif

My buggies are my ride of choice in the Eastern off-roading world. I've had the Jeeps, k-5 blazer, 4x4 quad and dirtbikes. Doesn't really matter what we ride as long as you have a good group to ride with and keep the coolers cycling from full to empty then reload its a good weekend. And I dont think any of us have been upset to have a 4x4 around with a winch when we get stuck or broke, lol. So if you see buggies join on in the line, just remember we run on momentum so be prepared to travel a little faster then you may normally ride.

About 15 to 20 climbed violator over and over. Mike Hyde smoked SHOWTIME on his 1st attempt. Chris Brannon tried it about 4 time and nearly made it. Kevin Thomas made it look like walk in the park. :****: :****: :flipoff1:

Just sold my vw powered buggy a few weeks ago. 2387cc built 6 rib tranny and cut bucksot R's for 5500 bucks and it would eat Viotator. :****: Nothing climbs like a buggy. You don't have to spend a 100 grand to climb big hills but you do need big balls. If you guys wanna have some fun quit spending 20 grand on rzr's and build/buy a buggy. thumb.gif

FroggF350 said:
It will be cash on behalf of SRRS, oh yeah its up to $400 now CASH!
Well who ended up paying the bounty? I heard through the grape vine that trey had to pay out of his pocket. :****:

This rumor has been proved false.

:driving: How did you like the video????? Never would have guesed you could climb squat in 2wd till I tried to follow one in 4wd. Decided it was time to buy a buggy and save some money.

al1tonyota said:
Like I said before I don't see a 2wd anything going up violator! If it is so easy there would be atleast one video of one going up it! One rail hit it at the last rzr race and didn't even get half way up! I am 100% sure no 2wd will go up showtime! I really wish I could make it there to watch ...

I think part of the reason that the 2wd woods buggies can go up these hills with perceived ease is because they are in their element doing so. Its what they were built for whereas rock buggies were really, originally designed for rock gardens, rocky slopes, and off-camber stuff. It seems like the hill in that video is not really what the intent of rock buggies originally was, albeit that seems to be what many use them for these days. Take a woods buggy and put it in an ugly rock garden and I bet you would notice the virtues of 4wd pretty quickly. Of course, one wouldn't do that in the first place though because they would be totally out of their element.

I remember one time this guy at River Rock had this ultra-tricked out woods buggy with air bag suspension, huge alcy-engine, balls of steel, etc. He could seemingly surmount any loose dirt hill they had whereas the rock rigs had some trouble. But the first rock garden he hit parts started flying and he couldn't make it 10 feet. He ended up being dragged back to his trailer with the back hoe in multiple pieces. And it wasn't even really a hard rock garden. It was one that we normally skipped in our rock rig because it was just so stupid-easy for us.

I guess my point is that we shouldn't be so surprised that something in its element does as well or better than something else that is not necessarily in its element. That is just my opinion. Look forward to seeing more vids. It would be neat to see a 2wd / 4wd organized ride at a place with obstacles for both to see how each did. Not necessarily a competition, just good ole boys having fun.

J. J.

patooyee said:
I think part of the reason that the 2wd woods buggies can go up these hills with perceived ease is because they are in their element doing so. Its what they were built for whereas rock buggies were really, originally designed for rock gardens, rocky slopes, and off-camber stuff. It seems like the hill in that video is not really what the intent of rock buggies originally was, albeit that seems to be what many use them for these days. Take a woods buggy and put it in an ugly rock garden and I bet you would notice the virtues of 4wd pretty quickly. Of course, one wouldn't do that in the first place though because they would be totally out of their element.

I remember one time this guy at River Rock had this ultra-tricked out woods buggy with air bag suspension, huge alcy-engine, balls of steel, etc. He could seemingly surmount any loose dirt hill they had whereas the rock rigs had some trouble. But the first rock garden he hit parts started flying and he couldn't make it 10 feet. He ended up being dragged back to his trailer with the back hoe in multiple pieces. And it wasn't even really a hard rock garden. It was one that we normally skipped in our rock rig because it was just so stupid-easy for us.

I guess my point is that we shouldn't be so surprised that something in its element does as well or better than something else that is not necessarily in its element. That is just my opinion. Look forward to seeing more vids. It would be neat to see a 2wd / 4wd organized ride at a place with obstacles for both to see how each did. Not necessarily a competition, just good ole boys having fun.

J. J.

I vote WFO at Chocco, Cable hill at Gray rock or this...........http://youtu.be/nK1-T4e_mMk

Very well said.there is places I've seen 4x4's go that I know I couldn't go and vise versa.but when you talk about straight up hill climbing are buggies are pretty hard to beat.but the main thing is we need to ride together because everyday we are losing are rights to ride.and I refuse to have the man decide what I have to buy (sxs) to ride these pay parks here where I live.no sxs made is as safe and as capable as my buggy is,especailly with out severe modifications.so we need to get some events where we just ride and play to hell with competition,they will be enough personal competition anyways,always fun playing follow the leader.Chad thumb.gif

Well rik450 we run 31" tall tires so big rocks would be tough but if everybody in front of me went up that hill in the video I'd by god find away up it,lol.it might not be the same line Tim took or maybe over in the brush to the ride side,or by god wfo up through the middle but if the beer/piss brake was at the top I'd be damned if I wouldn't try it.I mean I could post vids of pipelines we climb and hills that would give you all one hell of a run also but that's the fun of it,trying to go where you don't know if you can,lol.Chad thumb.gif

gasman said:
Well rik450 we run 31" tall tires so big rocks would be tough but if everybody in front of me went up that hill in the video I'd by god find away up it,lol.it might not be the same line Tim took or maybe over in the brush to the ride side,or by god wfo up through the middle but if the beer/piss brake was at the top I'd be damned if I wouldn't try it.I mean I could post vids of pipelines we climb and hills that would give you all one hell of a run also but that's the fun of it,trying to go where you don't know if you can,lol.Chad thumb.gif

Thats the fun part, trying, make it good, if not.....I bet it would be one hell of a show! :)

kevin f said:
Well who ended up paying the bounty? I heard through the grape vine that trey had to pay out of his pocket. :****:
I just talked to Kevin Thomas and he said that SRRS paid their bounty and trey put $100 with it. It crazy how rumors start. booyang

Hi my name is Joe Thomas I am Kevin Thomas brother the guy in the chaindrive who won the bounty money. He asked me to get on here and thank the people from SRRS and Trey from Choccolocco Mt. for the great time we had there and for how professional they ran their hill climb. We really did hate that the guys from SRRS could not be there at the time of the climb because we would really have liked to meet yall in person and thanked yall in person for having the hill climb and putting up the money. This was our type of event and our type of park and would love to do more of these type of competition and will definitely be back to Choccolocco Mt. because we would love to see more of the park.

Just saw on Woodsbuggy.com that the guy gave Trey the money for the bounty and had to leave early. thumb.gif Thats cool that he paid up, sucks he didn't get to watch it though. Now we just need to Curt in his Chain Drive to have a comp with Camron like an old game of horse to see who can climb what. Now that would be a badass show!!!!! :tc