Pics of your shops/garages/specs

972c2b610092a2b5637cdc8d78bf8d29.jpg

Stay safe out there folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacksheep10 said:
Still trying to figure out what it was that went flying

jeff150 said:
Looks like a Dewalt cutoff wheel.
We have one similar stuck in the insulation of our garage door.

ridered3 said:
Looks like a death wheel to me.

Yesss

I was cleaning up the 14 bolt last fall about 30' away. I found that a few days later.. :rolf:

Anybody have any pros, cons, preferences on garage door openers? I don't know much about em, we have a Chamberlain chain driven opener on the 16' door on our attached garage. Going to have openers on both 10' doors on my shop, liking what I see about the Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft opener to keep from having to mount it overhead. Opinions from experience?

Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

TacomaJD said:
Anybody have any pros, cons, preferences on garage door openers? I don't know much about em, we have a Chamberlain chain driven opener on the 16' door on our attached garage. Going to have openers on both 10' doors on my shop, liking what I see about the Liftmaster 8500 jackshaft opener to keep from having to mount it overhead. Opinions from experience?
3 of the big doors on my shop have those. Love the simplicity and they work great. I'm finishing up a garage now and I'll be getting 2 more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the info. Looks like they are less than $200 more than ones like I have, sounds like it's worth it to me.

Bringing back a little talk about a/c in shops, circuit board fried in the central unit in my old house that I am renting out a few weeks ago, was gonna take several days to order it so I bought a 14,600 btu 110v window a/c unit for the tenants while we waited on the new board to come in. Central unit is fixed now, so that window unit will be going in my shop when it is finished....and I get to write it off as a rental expense. ;D

I decided against a mini split because of the deal with really needing to run it all the time to maintain internal temperature, otherwise letting it get hot in there during the week and everything inside being hot, then turning it on when the weekend gets here or whatever, it would be running wide open the whole time to cool everything off inside. Idk, just didn't seem worth the expense to me for my needs. Maybe this window unit will help knock a little bit of the heat off here and there when I run it, but mostly will probably use fans to combat heat unless I really need to flip the a/c on too. Shop will be insulated, so holding decent temps shouldn't be that difficult. We'll see.

TacomaJD said:

are you doing traditional doors or roll up doors? I used to install, repair, and service garage doors so I know a little bit about them lol.

jeeptj99 said:
are you doing traditional doors or roll up doors? I used to install, repair, and service garage doors so I know a little bit about them lol.

Who did you work for? I did that back in my 20s and worked for several companies around here and still know a few folks.

jeeptj99 said:
Certified Door. We did mostly commercial stuff, always hated having a residential call.

Started at Northgate Doors then Wayne Dalton which later became Chattanooga Garage Doors or something like that and a short time at Overhead Door. I did both commercial and residential. Don't miss those days.

xjmarc said:
Started at Northgate Doors then Wayne Dalton which later became Chattanooga Garage Doors or something like that and a short time at Overhead Door. I did both commercial and residential. Don't miss those days.

It was cool sometimes, but being 20+ feet off the ground on a ladder stretching way out while carrying a ****ing door up, i'm good on it.

Cleaned and reorganized my shop last weekend. Still more to do but it's the best it's been in a long time. Few more things to move out eventually and need to get some more LED lights.

index.php