• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Calling all metalheads! \m/ >.< \m/

I'm kind of set in my ways. It's hard to convince me there are any other bands out there. I think metal peaked in the early to mid 90s. Unfortunately I was just a child then. We used to call people with tool shirts on "****in tools!". Original, right? Lol

It was even tough to stomach the line-up at Ozzfest 2000. I was fortunate enough to see Pantera 3 times and even Slayer.

I tend to gravitate towards bands that interest me as a guitar player. There's very few bands that I would consider one of my favorites that I can't play at least a few of their songs. I know it's weird but I don't mind. I know by far, more Tool than anything, not sure if it's because I like them so much or maybe I like them because I can play so many of their songs. :dunno:

I'm a huge Parkway Drive fan! Not so much their past two albums though. The first 3 were awesome! Horizons is my favorite, not a bad song on it.

Carolina Rebellion in May has a badass lineup, I would like to go to Asheville and stay a night or two, then to go Charlotte for the concert on Saturday. Lamb of God and Parkway are 2 playing that day that I really would care about.

No way that I can sit here and never post in this thread.
I can dig some Parkway Drive. Only familiar with a few songs that I've thumbs upped on my Pandora list. Amity Affliction and A Day to Remember are bands that I love but they have plenty of clean vocals thrown into the mix as well, so its kinda metal, kinda not.

I enjoy fast thrashy metal from the late 80s early 90s. Not huge on some of the more popular "heavy rock" bands of the late 90s/early 00s. Too slow of a pace for me with usually odd vocals. I can appreciate the talent though.

I'll post a video of one of my favorite metal bands that I've seen perform 3 times (not up to date on their new stuff or too much other metal music honestly). I **** you not though, they were as good live as this video is. It's only 2:40, I HIGHLY encourage you to listen to the whole song as it changes sounds a few times. It is technical, fast, and heavy as F. This may not be for you but I don't think anybody can deny the musical ability of these guys.
Veil Of Maya - It's Not Safe To Swim Today

One ADTR song that will always remain on my thumbs up list is I'm Made of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of? Brings me back to good times with this ole hot chick I used to bang that liked the same music as I.....which is rare.....and super HAWT! She also liked to get nekkid to Deftones and I'll be damned if I didn't too! :cougar: flashemifyougotem

TacomaJD said:
One ADTR song that will always remain on my thumbs up list is I'm Made of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of? Brings me back to good times with this ole hot chick I used to bang that liked the same music as I.....which is rare.....and super HAWT! She also liked to get nekkid to Deftones and I'll be damned if I didn't too! :cougar: flashemifyougotem
Haha, that is awesome. When I was in my teens and early 20s, and would find a hot chick who liked the same music as me, I was a happy dude. 8)

Funny thing about ADTR is they've been around for over a decade now and I never paid much attention to them, but late in 2010 I started checking them out and sure as ****, they've turned into one of my faves. I appreciate all the different sounds they have which is honestly at least 4. So they fit all kinds of musical moods I might be feeling. :driving:

nhl_bullitt said:
Haha, that is awesome. When I was in my teens and early 20s, and would find a hot chick who liked the same music as me, I was a happy dude. 8)

Funny thing about ADTR is they've been around for over a decade now and I never paid much attention to them, but late in 2010 I started checking them out and sure as ****, they've turned into one of my faves. I appreciate all the different sounds they have which is honestly at least 4. So they fit all kinds of musical moods I might be feeling. :driving:

You listened to any We Came As Romans? I haven't listened to a ton of their stuff, but To Plant a Seed is another one on the thumbs up list. Badass song. I dig the clean vocals too!

TacomaJD said:
You listened to any We Came As Romans? I haven't listened to a ton of their stuff, but To Plant a Seed is another one on the thumbs up list. Badass song. I dig the clean vocals too!
Heck yea brother! If they had managed to slip by me I would have owed you a big thanks because quite a few songs of theirs play at my shop when I'm working on my ****.
This is my favorite song of theirs. From 2011
WE CAME AS ROMANS - "What I Wished I Never Had" (OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO)

Re:

That is the ONLY Dying Fetus song I have actually liked decently enough to listen to more than once. I just can't get into the fast snare beats and zaney sweep picking riffs at certain parts of the song. They got the heavy chunky stuff down though! Don't hate his vocals as much as I used to when I first heard them, but still not crazy about them.

n6PFNIjg9ZMrMG9N5yYTEQh_lfXbeKsxq-oE8B42gaR-4hbOCWxBSirg2nN6TlnLKKKaDQ=w1869-h911

TacomaJD said:
I'm a little suspicious of yer Baby Metal obsession lol.

Hey, I worried about myself a little at first. The oldest is now in college and the other two will be next year; so the creep factor is gradually going away. I've been a metalhead since 1970 and I'm always looking for something new. First came across BABYMETAL on this thread a couple of years ago. I got hooked immediately. Wife and I drove to Chicago last year to see them at the House of Blues. BM has shaken up the world of metal. People love them or hate them, but they consistently sell out where ever they play and they have been on the cover of Metal Hammer Magazine 3 times now. They have a new cd coming out in two weeks, they will play a sold out Wembley Areana on April 1 and a sold out 60,000 seat Tokyo Dome this summer.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_eYjHBYxJRFbHh2NS1PZUNSQ2M&usp=drive_web

I made the mistake of showing that video to my daughter. No it's all she wants to watch. On the plus side, the only songs she sings along to in the car are metal/hard rock. Btw, she's only 4. thumb.gif

Me thinks that is one reason BM is getting such strong support from the Metal industry. They see it as a way of bringing in newer/younger metal fans to replace all us old fat gray metalheads as we die off. skully

To me, they are just fun to watch. I can be having a bad day and watch one of their videos and it always puts a smile on my face.

I guess I'm not as hardcore as some of y'all... I like august burns red, ADTR, Metallica, Alice in chains, in hearts wake, pantera, anthrax, and more