• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brads buggy / car build

kid rok

I basicly woke one day and said to myself, self why don't you build another rig. So I did and all was good.
47b8db30b3127ccea9140007218a00000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

I'm using a 99-04 mustange hood and 05-08 grill.
47b8db30b3127ccea914d2fda02900000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

It's alittle narrower than I originally wanted it , I messed up one cut , but I figured I would just roll with it.
47b8db30b3127ccea914d186e0cb00000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

47b8db30b3127ccea914f20ba0cf00000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

Most of the outside tube and basicly any tube thats going to make hard contact with a solid surface is either 1/4 wall or 3/16 wall. I know it makes for a heavy rig , but I just don't think 120 wall holds up very well to trail abuse like we go through around here.
47b8db30b3127ccea914d3cbe08700000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

My lomax 205, I'm waiting on my adapter bracket so I can figure my belly height, and overall ride height.
47b8db30b3127ccea914d25e21ba00000016100AauG7lo1ZOWMg

Another pic of the hood and chassis. I hope to get alot done this week I got alot of my brackets thanks to Randy. My struts should be in this week and I should be able to get most of the front done. The tube in the back is a fuel cell off my rail buggy ,I never finished. I was thinking about using it , but it only holds 6 gallons and I don't think it would work well in some trail systems.

looks good, what wheelbase you shooting for? Also how wide is it?
Wheel base 105-108 , I actually would like to go with 105.
Inside tube to inside tube ,I am 48.5".

kid rok said:
Wheel base 105-108 , I actually would like to go with 105.
Inside tube to inside tube ,I am 48.5".

damn not fat kid approved!! laughing1

Will definetly be watching this thread, chassis looks great Brad. I'm impressed :woody:

Stickied thread... keep em coming man, Love the grille hood combo !!! :afro:

Hope you get it knocked out as quick as you were talking, be fun to hit some trails with you this summer :woody:

Anyone who rocks a spun aluminum Moon tank is good in my book, but damn you gave back the brownie points with that gHey Mooostang hood. :eek:

AWESOME!!! Cant wait to see it come together.

What are the specs? Engine?, Tranny?, Lomax, axles?, gears?, tires?

Engine 5.3
trans th350
Same axles as I was running in the scout.
Tranfercase 205 3:1 lomax
Tires hope to get some maxxis creepys,but waiting to see what pops up.
Rims black steelies reinforced to hell with stauns.

Made alittle headway this weekend and today. Got the front end lined out. Bent the two side bars for the hood and the front and rear bars for the hood. Got the trans adapter in today and set up the trans and transfer case. I think I will have 22"-20" belly height. and right at 6'-4"+- total height. Got the truss for the double ended ram ready to go. The hood is going to be little flatter than I wanted, but I need the room for the engine. I also ordered my fuel cell today, Could not get the moon tank out of my head so I gots me a bigger one.

Question? When I am mounting the double ended ram, does it matter if the ram sets behind the steering holes in the arms? I know it needs to be in the center side to side, I can line it up with the arms up and down , but front to back where should it sit? Most I see the ram sits out ward of the arms and the steering angles back toward the rear. Can I do the opposite?

kid rok said:
Question? When I am mounting the double ended ram, does it matter if the ram sets behind the steering holes in the arms? I know it needs to be in the center side to side, I can line it up with the arms up and down , but front to back where should it sit? Most I see the ram sits out ward of the arms and the steering angles back toward the rear. Can I do the opposite?

Actually, it does not have to be centered side to side. Does not matter at all. The short steering shafts should be as straight as possible during the entire turn stroke. The more not in line, the more counter productive force you have.

kid rok said:

I would think that if the ram sat an inch or two back then when turned full lock the short steering links would have less angle so it would be better?

I would think that if the ram sat an inch or two back then when turned full lock the short steering links would have less angle so it would be better?
I see your logic.You know you look at something on somebody elses rig and say well that's how it's done ,then when your actually setting it up yourself you tend to over think a little.