• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Review of D'Town Snowbird-Tellico Offroad Park

That does look a lot like what I remember! Sounds like this could be good for us all. We are headed to tellico this week to camp so thanks for keeping us posted. BTW pictures look great! booyang :driving:

Don't worry about be tagged. The state line road gate is closed. Not caused anyone did anything wrong just cause. Not a lot past that gate. Old trail 6 is on the land and you don't need to worry about tags

We had 12-15 untag rigs. Not an issue. Forget that tags were said.

BMan said:
Review of the D'Town Snowbird-Tellico Offroad Park
By
Brian "BMan" Gray
10/27/2013

Current Hopes 10/27/13:

6. Our wheeling community to adhere to the wishes of the landowner and DTown staff to show our support for the cause. This venture will not continue unless we do something different than was done years ago at the Upper Tellico OHV FS areas.

While I agree that the 'wheelin community should ALWAYS adhere to the landowners wishes (wherever and whatever park they/we may be at); I hope you don't think ANYTHING could have been done different at the Upper Tellico OHV area. The NC FS wanted to close it as soon as Hillard took office and that was that. It didn't have a goddamn thing to do with water, fish, or any of the other bullshit that was fed to you.

The cleanups were done, the bridges were constructed, the silt traps were biult, the drainage was dug, the grass was planted. AND TELLICO WAS STILL CLOSED.

:gtfo:

TBItoy said:
While I agree that the 'wheelin community should ALWAYS adhere to the landowners wishes (wherever and whatever park they/we may be at); I hope you don't think ANYTHING could have been done different at the Upper Tellico OHV area. The NC FS wanted to close it as soon as Hillard took office and that was that. It didn't have a goddamn thing to do with water, fish, or any of the other bullshit that was fed to you.

The cleanups were done, the bridges were constructed, the silt traps were biult, the drainage was dug, the grass was planted. AND TELLICO WAS STILL CLOSED.

:gtfo:

Totally different conversation Nik and no I wasn't by any means allotting to that at all sir! We all know Ted Turner funded the whole TU debacle with his own pesonal agenda to feed his on non profits who had conflicts of interest on the matter.......I'm sure we could start a new rant thread about it if you want to discuss further......IMO it's a waste of time discussing what we already know though; what was, what we could've/should've done or who was at fault etc. IMO we should learn from those mistakes in history and move on trying to make other endeavors succeed and which ever one it is we choose to support...... I think we can agree the Upper Tellico FS area saga is one rotting dead horse! :****: The only model that appears to work "better" and even that is a loaded statement with the recent closure of GAP and previous shutdown of Mountainside.....

But I don't want to ramble ya'll! We have another park with potential ya'll! Mike D is all ears for our constructive criticism but only that which makes sense to the collective body and not just a small niche group or single entity trying to push their own agenda! They still have to provide a solution that works for the majority. IMO you can please some of the people some of the time but none of the people all the time. Let's see how are input can be used to please some of the people! So bring it on D'Town Snowbird-Tellico park! :eat: :woot: :woot:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Looks like some good ole trail wheelin with some obstacles peekin thru in a few spots,,just the way I like it ;D

Thanks fer puttin the info on here as well as FB Brian :dblthumb:

85buggy said:
But u didn't answer my ?

I read on FB there is a trail named SCHOOLBUS,S GRANDADDY in the works,,,,50 acres of mild to wild climbs in the "bowl" area,,, and a 13 mile long "trail 4" :woot: :woot: :woot:

My 2 cents, like BMan said, the D'town managment want be able to please all of the people most of the time. Seems like they are starting out right by having small invited rides with groups of people they know who will give valuable input on how best to grow and will also adhere to stated rules. Me personally, I liked it best at Tellico when u could take a normal built rig(locked both ends with 35-38" tires) and ride all over the place, be challagened, and have fun. Maybe inlarge the bowl area to around 100-200 acres and make it for the buggies as this seems were the most rocks/ledges are and restrict the riding trails to the under 36" tire crowd. Would have something that would appeal to most everybody?

3pgnebs said:
My 2 cents, like BMan said, the D'town managment want be able to please all of the people most of the time. Seems like they are starting out right by having small invited rides with groups of people they know who will give valuable input on how best to grow and will also adhere to stated rules. Me personally, I liked it best at Tellico when u could take a normal built rig(locked both ends with 35-38" tires) and ride all over the place, be challagened, and have fun. Maybe inlarge the bowl area to around 100-200 acres and make it for the buggies as this seems were the most rocks/ledges are and restrict the riding trails to the under 36" tire crowd. Would have something that would appeal to most everybody?

Just because I have 42 inch tires does not mean I don't like to trail ride as much as you.

85buggy said:
But u didn't answer my ?

Yeah but didn't MikeD already!?!? :dunno:

No plates needed in the Bowl area or the roads leading to it! In fact, no plates needed on anything we covered. We had many un-plated buggies and rigs with us the whole time.

patooyee said:
Is this place open to the public now?

Not yet. But they are talking about more rides before the year is over. Talk was to open it up to more wheelers. Just keep in mind they will limit the riders on these first few rides to prove to the landowner it's manageable and wheelers do the "right" thing. So stay tuned for these announcements. With snow coming up there and further discussion needed dates are TBD.

Didn't say the people with 36" tires or bigger don't like to trail ride but the majority that go to parks nowadays are on high hp buggies that are there to put on a show for the crowd, not slow ride through the woods. Hell, my ride has been on stands for 3+ years now because I couldn't afford tons/tires to run the same trails I had run with 38" tires only 2 years prior. Just always thought a park could cater to a larger base of people if they set aside some areas that had a tire size limit and not limit them to riding the main trails and watching.

3pgnebs said:
Didn't say the people with 36" tires or bigger don't like to trail ride but the majority that go to parks nowadays are on high hp buggies that are there to put on a show for the crowd, not slow ride through the woods. Hell, my ride has been on stands for 3+ years now because I couldn't afford tons/tires to run the same trails I had run with 38" tires only 2 years prior. Just always thought a park could cater to a larger base of people if they set aside some areas that had a tire size limit and not limit them to riding the main trails and watching.

I was out of it for a long time and got back in recently. There are more high hp rigs now but I still think normal every day trail riders are the vast majority. They just don't have camera crews following them around and posting videos.

3pgnebs What I was saying is you might be surprised at how many rigs with larger tires enjoy the slow trail rides. That is something a lot of our club members miss about the pay to play parks.

patooyee said:
I was out of it for a long time and got back in recently. There are more high hp rigs now but I still think normal every day trail riders are the vast majority. They just don't have camera crews following them around and posting videos.

THIS

70Scout said:
3pgnebs What I was saying is you might be surprised at how many rigs with larger tires enjoy the slow trail rides. That is something a lot of our club members miss about the pay to play parks.

AND THIS ;D

Hell I got a lil zuk buggy on 38,s and one of my favorite trails ever is Trail 15 at Harlan,,,I could be happy wheelin trails like that all day ;D

OH,,,,and before any body gets on here and calls me out GAY for the trail 15 comment,,,,I still like gettin off in trails like LIONS DEN and seein how much paint I can knock off that sumbitch as well ;D