• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ShamRock Run - March 14-16. 2014

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
ShamRock Run will take place at Morris Mountain on the weekend before st. Particks Day. March 14-16. 2014.

I have run this ride for the past few years with all the proceeds going to Shwachman Diamond America. However, this year, I will be traveling much of March. I have talked to Randy Morris, Stephen Alexander, and Steve Gordon and they want to do the ride at the normally scheduled date.

The ride this year will benefit a charity that is dear to Stephen Alexander's heart. Rett Syndrome.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend, but am happy that the ride will continue at the same time of year, and remain an event where the proceeds go to charity.

Mark your calendars and plan to attend.

Hard month for me also with activities at the school but if I'm in town I'm in.
Never a bad time at MM

Looking forward to it! I hope to not let you down John! :woot:

ShamRock Run is a Charity 4x4 ride in Delta, Alabama. Four wheel drives and side x sides are welcome. Motorcycles and four wheelers are not allowed per park rules. Day fee is $40. Weekend fee is $55. Passengers are $5. There will be a charity auction Saturday evening. If you have something to donate, just post up on this page. Any item, new or used, is acceptable. There is also a poker run on Saturday. Cost is $10 per hand. (See poker run rules).

My niece, Julie Grace, was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome in early 2013. Rett Syndrome is a leading cause of disability in women, a spontaneous genetic disorder that could happen to any little girl. Every day, 17 girls are diagnosed with Rett Syndrome which robs them of the ability to walk, talk and even eat. The girls generally start out meeting all the normal milestones the first year then lose speech, motor control and functional hand use, and many suffer from seizures, orthopedic and severe digestive problems, breathing and other autonomic impairments. Most live into adulthood, and require total, round-the-clock care. Julie Grace is the sweetest thing , and, I am very proud to be her Uncle Steve.

This year's proceeds from the 2014 Shamrock Run will be donated to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF). IRSF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and is the largest private source of funds for biomedical and clinical research on Rett syndrome (www.rettsyndrome.org). Thank you for being a part of the cause . This will lead to a CURE.

Here is an update as for the Poker Run Rules.

1. Must be 18 to play.

2. Fee: $10.00 (one hand) Winner wins 50 percent of the pot. For example, if 50 people enter, the pot is $500. The winner will receive $250. The other 50 percent will be donated to the Shamrock Run 2014 charity,

3. There will be a trail ride with 5 designated sites (map will be given.). At each site will be a trinket bucket (bucket of nuts or a bucket of bolts…you get the idea) . You will take a trinket from each site. You can travel in any order. The trinkets will be placed at the designated site by 9 am Saturday, March 15, 2014. The poker run will start at 10:00 am Saturday, March 15, 20014. Must be registered by 10:00 am, Saturday. Bring your trinkets to the check in booth NO LATER than 4:00 pm Saturday, March 15, 2013 Winner will be announced before the auction.

4. You will take your 5 trinket to the pavilion and draw 5 cards. One card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

5. Your card will be scored by the judge when you draw them.

6. A hand will consist of 5 cards (one card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

7. No one can turn in your trinkets for you. The individual that registered for the poker run must be the person to turn in the trinkets and draw his/her hand.

8. High hand wins. Hands with 5 of a kind are not permitted. High Hands will be ranked as follows: 1) Royal Flush 2) Straight Flush 3) Four of a Kind 4) Full House 5) Flush 6) Straight 7) Three of a Kind Cool Two Pair 9) Pair and 10) High Card. For Low Hands, Aces are hight, Straights & Flushes do not count as combos In the event of 5 of a kind – this will supercede rolyal flush.

9. In the event of a tie, the winning players duke it out John Wayne style or split the pot.

10. Five individual decks will be used (one card from each deck) . It is entirely possible to draw duplicate cards.

11. All participants must be present at the Check-in table to draw their cards (person registered for poker run must turn in trinkets and draw hand) and must be present at the final awards ceremony to receive prize.

12. Be courteous and yield right of way to others.

13. All decisions by the judges are final.

14. Other rules may be put in place the day of the run at the judges' discretion. Announcements will be made prior to the start if any changes are required.

15. Remember the park rules!! All Park Rules apply!!

We've have been tossing around some Ideas for this years ride ,but like to know if anyone would like any changes made.

s10me said:
We've have been tossing around some Ideas for this years ride ,but like to know if anyone would like any changes made.

Whats the idea? I had a blast at Shamrock last year (even driving the tow rig up the side of the muddy mountain!) and look forward to spending some money to help Steve's charity of choice.

Any donations for the auction yet? I am going to dig through the shed and see what I can come up with, but I am sure I can donate some JohnG/Nan-approved apple juice.

We still have some discussing before I can say what we have in mind. Hopefully Jimmy will still auction for us.

ibrokeit said:
Any donations for the auction yet? I am going to dig through the shed and see what I can come up with, but I am sure I can donate some JohnG/Nan-approved shine.

I love apple juice!

Love this ride! Can't wait to spend my monies at the auction.

ibrokeit said:
Any donations for the auction yet? I am going to dig through the shed and see what I can come up with, but I am sure I can donate some JohnG/Nan-approved apr juice.

He has drank two quarts and is on her third since RBD. Strange to see shine in a Tervis Tumbler.

There have been rumors surfacing that Nessie has been sighted near Delta, AL and that she may reveal herself for the first time to the public at this ride. That alone may be worth the trip.

1512641_10151864658818741_12389381_n.jpg

I have been talking to all the key people to help make this event the best we can! Steve, Ken, Ben, Jimmy and my self are on board.
We will be doing a poker run around the park Saturday around lunch.

Stay tuned for more details! :****:

bad80cj said:
I have been talking to all the key people to help make this event the best we can! Steve, Ken, Ben, Jimmy and my self are on board.
We will be doing a poker run around the park Saturday around lunch.

Stay tuned for more details! :****:

Will the poker run be doable by almost all rigs? Great idea too btw :woot: :woot:

patooyee said:
There have been rumors surfacing that Nessie has been sighted near Delta, AL and that she may reveal herself for the first time to the public at this ride. That alone may be worth the trip.

1512641_10151864658818741_12389381_n.jpg

That's a sick rig. Build thread anywhere??