• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MMORV - ShamRock Run - March 14-16. 2014

It's got a good story too. 2011 tornado decided to knock over the pole it was on. A city worker have me a few of them. Glass is good , wires and bulbs are good. 150 watt I think. Get a control box off of the interwebs and play traffic controller at home.

lowbudgetjunk said:
It's got a good story too. 2011 tornado decided to knock over the pole it was on. A city worker have me a few of them. Glass is good , wires and bulbs are good. 150 watt I think. Get a control box off of the interwebs and play traffic controller at home.

Yes, about $26 on ebay. Here is one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-Traffic-Light-Controller-120VAC-Sequencer-Up-to-400W-per-channel-/261373954117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cdb1a0845

One like this is what I have on my traffic light in the barn.

I actually have a stop light already wired up, on a post, with the controller hooked up and working as a lamp that I will be donating for the auction along with a bunch of street signs. I'll post some pics later this week. Lets just say I had a hobby besides just 4x4's when I was in college. ;)

Here is an update as for the Poker Run Rules.

1. Must be 18 to play.

2. Fee: $10.00 (one hand) Winner wins 50 percent of the pot. For example, if 50 people enter, the pot is $500. The winner will receive $250. The other 50 percent will be donated to the Shamrock Run 2014 charity,

3. There will be a trail ride with 5 designated sites (map will be given.). At each site will be a trinket bucket (bucket of nuts or a bucket of bolts…you get the idea) . You will take a trinket from each site. You can travel in any order. The trinkets will be placed at the designated site by 9 am Saturday, March 15, 2014. The poker run will start at 10:00 am Saturday, March 15, 20014. Must be registered by 10:00 am, Saturday. Bring your trinkets to the check in booth NO LATER than 4:00 pm Saturday, March 15, 2013 Winner will be announced before the auction.

4. You will take your 5 trinket to the pavilion and draw 5 cards. One card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

5. Your card will be scored by the judge when you draw them.

6. A hand will consist of 5 cards (one card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

7. No one can turn in your trinkets for you. The individual that registered for the poker run must be the person to turn in the trinkets and draw his/her hand.

8. High hand wins. Hands with 5 of a kind are not permitted. High Hands will be ranked as follows: 1) Royal Flush 2) Straight Flush 3) Four of a Kind 4) Full House 5) Flush 6) Straight 7) Three of a Kind 8) Two Pair 9) Pair and 10) High Card. For Low Hands, Aces are hight, Straights & Flushes do not count as combos In the event of 5 of a kind – this will supercede rolyal flush.

9. In the event of a tie, the winning players duke it out John Wayne style or split the pot.

10. Five individual decks will be used (one card from each deck) . It is entirely possible to draw duplicate cards.

11. All participants must be present at the Check-in table to draw their cards (person registered for poker run must turn in trinkets and draw hand) and must be present at the final awards ceremony to receive prize.

12. Be courteous and yield right of way to others.

13. All decisions by the judges are final.

14. Other rules may be put in place the day of the run at the judges' discretion. Announcements will be made prior to the start if any changes are required.

15. Remember the park rules!! All Park Rules apply!!

bad80cj said:
Here is an update as for the Poker Run Rules.

1. Must be 18 to play.

2. Fee: $10.00 (one hand) Winner wins 50 percent of the pot. For example, if 50 people enter, the pot is $500. The winner will receive $250. The other 50 percent will be donated to the Shamrock Run 2014 charity,

3. There will be a trail ride with 5 designated sites (map will be given.). At each site will be a trinket bucket (bucket of nuts or a bucket of bolts…you get the idea) . You will take a trinket from each site. You can travel in any order. The trinkets will be placed at the designated site by 9 am Saturday, March 15, 2014. The poker run will start at 10:00 am Saturday, March 15, 20014. Must be registered by 10:00 am, Saturday. Bring your trinkets to the check in booth NO LATER than 4:00 pm Saturday, March 15, 2013 Winner will be announced before the auction.

4. You will take your 5 trinket to the pavilion and draw 5 cards. One card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

5. Your card will be scored by the judge when you draw them.

6. A hand will consist of 5 cards (one card each from 5 decks (sealed cards).

7. No one can turn in your trinkets for you. The individual that registered for the poker run must be the person to turn in the trinkets and draw his/her hand.

8. High hand wins. Hands with 5 of a kind are not permitted. High Hands will be ranked as follows: 1) Royal Flush 2) Straight Flush 3) Four of a Kind 4) Full House 5) Flush 6) Straight 7) Three of a Kind 8) Two Pair 9) Pair and 10) High Card. For Low Hands, Aces are hight, Straights & Flushes do not count as combos In the event of 5 of a kind – this will supercede rolyal flush.

9. In the event of a tie, the winning players duke it out John Wayne style or split the pot.

10. Five individual decks will be used (one card from each deck) . It is entirely possible to draw duplicate cards.

11. All participants must be present at the Check-in table to draw their cards (person registered for poker run must turn in trinkets and draw hand) and must be present at the final awards ceremony to receive prize.

12. Be courteous and yield right of way to others.

13. All decisions by the judges are final.

14. Other rules may be put in place the day of the run at the judges' discretion. Announcements will be made prior to the start if any changes are required.

15. Remember the park rules!! All Park Rules apply!!

I've never participated in something like this, so clarify something for me. It doesn't seem that there is any bonus for being first / early, so that should cut down on people driving around the park at 75mph in beast mode. But are trinkets placed at the tops of obstacles with a judge there to determine that you actually go up it instead of just take the bypass? Or is going up obstacles even necessary? And if not, what is the point?

It's poker. That's the point. To play poker. Otherwise, there is no point. But I like to play poker.
Being I a mall crawler, I won't be able to make most climbs, so I hope it's not based on making the obstacle.

LandSpeeder said:
It's poker. That's the point. To play poker. Otherwise, there is no point. But I like to play poker.
Being I a mall crawler, I won't be able to make most climbs, so I hope it's not based on making the obstacle.

Here is some clarification. No obstacles. Just a game of Poker. I will place these trinkets in a bucket of some sort. More than likely they will be near certain main points of the park. Just a leisure cruz around the park.

ibrokeit said:
Interesting. I have always wanted a stop light. Dunno what ill do with it, but who cares.

I'm in the same boat as you Brock. I want it but not sure where the wife will let me put it. I'm thinking on our long driveway. At the beginning of our driveway I want a motion sensor that turns it on with a timer to turn it off after 5 minutes. Maybe that will slow my wife down. lol :****:

Yay or Nay on Ducks Unlimited signed prints?

It doesn't hurt my feelings either way, but if they'll make the charity money, I'll send/bring them.

beams.jpg

http://blog.al.com/outdoors/2009/03/beams.jpg

That's an example of his work.

looking forward to the poker run, I have done some on motorcycle, and in a boat but never in a crawler. should be fun :drinkers: :driving:

any interest in a nascar tire off Jeff Burton's 31 car. don't want to haul it out there if I'm just bringing it back

My niece, Julie Grace, was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome in early 2013. Rett Syndrome is a leading cause of disability in women, a spontaneous genetic disorder that could happen to any little girl. Every day, 17 girls are diagnosed with Rett Syndrome which robs them of the ability to walk, talk and even eat. The girls generally start out meeting all the normal milestones the first year then lose speech, motor control and functional hand use, and many suffer from seizures, orthopedic and severe digestive problems, breathing and other autonomic impairments. Most live into adulthood, and require total, round-the-clock care. Julie Grace is the sweetest thing , and, I am very proud to be her Uncle Steve.

This year's proceeds from the 2014 Shamrock Run will be donated to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF). IRSF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and is the largest private source of funds for biomedical and clinical research on Rett syndrome (www.rettsyndrome.org). Thank you for being a part of the cause . This will lead to a CURE.

I hope to see y'all there!

:woot: :woot:

bad80cj said:
My niece, Julie Grace, was diagnosed with Rett Syndrome in early 2013. Rett Syndrome is a leading cause of disability in women, a spontaneous genetic disorder that could happen to any little girl. Every day, 17 girls are diagnosed with Rett Syndrome which robs them of the ability to walk, talk and even eat. The girls generally start out meeting all the normal milestones the first year then lose speech, motor control and functional hand use, and many suffer from seizures, orthopedic and severe digestive problems, breathing and other autonomic impairments. Most live into adulthood, and require total, round-the-clock care. Julie Grace is the sweetest thing , and, I am very proud to be her Uncle Steve.

This year's proceeds from the 2014 Shamrock Run will be donated to the International Rett Syndrome Foundation (IRSF). IRSF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and is the largest private source of funds for biomedical and clinical research on Rett syndrome (www.rettsyndrome.org). Thank you for being a part of the cause . This will lead to a CURE.

I hope to see y'all there!

:woot: :woot:

Thanks for telling your story Steve. I am proud that this is the charity for 2014. Sorry I can't make it this year, but I sure would like you to take pictures of some of the nicer auction items and post them on the event FaceBook page. I sure would like the ability to either give my bids to someone that could bid for me, or allow me to phone in and bid. Just because I cannot be there does not mean I can't support the auction.

Eric is going to pay dearly for that chair. And you may just have to go into savings to take the traffic light home. And I need to know what Ben wants, I have a little payback on that $75 jar of shine he bid me up on last year.